Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Alert Alert.... Don't Take Your Jeep Here...

Old 01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alert Alert.... Don't Take Your Jeep Here...

I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but if it is not please move it to the correct board. DO NOT TAKE OR BUY ANYTHING FROM TOWN AND COUNTRY JEEP IN BLOOMINGTON INDIANA.... I have never been jerked around more by a dealer and their service department. They have tried to fix my leaky top at least 6 times now and it still leaks. They also have managed to put two punctures in my top by screwing the rear screws into far. They cannot even correctly reinstall parts that they take off. I just had it in to get the clutch replaced and they seem to have fixed that problem but didn't tighten up the exhaust clamp that holds the pipe under the transmission. I know this is not that big but if they forgot this little piece what else did they forget. I mean they supposedly test drove it to ensure that the sound was gone but they obviously didn't because my jeep sounded like a rattle trap because the nut was loose and vibrating. I am calling Chrysler tomorrow to complain about the poor service I have been receiving and hopefully they can resolve the issue. The dealer said that a Chrysler rep is supposed to come look at my "UNIQUE" issue. BS!!! So I plan on telling Chrysler that they are going to replace my top and do something else to make me happy. I haven't figured out what that is yet. Anyhow enough bitching but just wanted to give a good heads up to anyone in the area. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING A VEHICLE HERE. THEY ARE PLAIN IDIOTS......

I hate having to fix problems that some wrench head was too lazy to fix.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like I have to put in a call to my tactical missile connection in Inglewood, I'm sure he has something that will wipe that dealership off the map.

Russ D.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet. Make sure to wait until after tomorrow because I will be there in the morning doing some exploding myself... After that bombs away...... I would love to drive by and see a big crater where it used to be. Thanks,
Old 01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

07:

All that will be left is a piece of one of the hydraulic lifts, some stale waiting room donuts and a pile of ash that will be unrecognizable as the Service Department Manager and all of his techs.

Russ D.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Well they are in Bloomington.

What else would you expect from an IU fan?

Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not an IU fan nor a Bloomington fan. Now I am not a TOWN AND COUNTRY JEEP FAN either.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get copies of all recepts.
Pay for everything going forward with a VISA or MASTER card.
(lets you dispute the sale when it's poor work or doesn't work)
Document all your time spent on this and other issues.

They damaged your top so they owe you a new one!

If they have a sign that says the mechanics are ASE certified, contact
ASE and find out. If they are not you have help from ASE (sort of) ASE will
cause them no end of trouble. The mechanics will have to go back to school
on the dealerships dime.

Send a USPS letter to Chrysler Moters LLC not email a real letter with postage.
State the facts only because it's a Fedral crime to state other then facts.

Don't use the word "lawyer" but get one (a pit bull/shark).
The system will not let you fight this on your own you will need a lawyer.
Have the lawyer put a hold on all the records the dealership has.

Call your local media there is nothing like the media to make the bone heads listen.

Sam.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

i had mine in at a local dealer for a TC TSB fix... not only was the rubber bushing left off of the exhaust pipe (3 of them to be exact)... i now have a mysterious rattle back in the exhaust area (only when warming the vehicle up)... oh yeah... only one of the EIGHT or TEN bolts sholding the front drive shaft on was screwed in... fun
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

GO HOOSIERS!

Well, we did play like *hit last night.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
i had mine in at a local dealer for a TC TSB fix... not only was the rubber bushing left off of the exhaust pipe (3 of them to be exact)... i now have a mysterious rattle back in the exhaust area (only when warming the vehicle up)... oh yeah... only one of the EIGHT or TEN bolts sholding the front drive shaft on was screwed in... fun
I have the same rattle in mine. It started after an off road trip last year. I've been under it looking and can't find anything. After it runs for 5 or so minutes the noise goes away. I've searched on here, but didn't find anyone else with the same sounding problem.

Quick Reply: Alert Alert.... Don't Take Your Jeep Here...