JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Am I a mall crawler? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/am-i-mall-crawler-192551/)

foo.c 08-23-2011 01:12 PM

Am I a mall crawler?

I got an appointment with the dealership this Saturday to order my '12 Unlimited Rubicon. I'm probably going to get the body colored top and fenders. I really like the look of it, but for some reason it is pretty hated on the forums I've read.

This will be my first jeep, but my first vehicle was a '71 Bronco which I had a lot of fun in. (Really regret selling it even though it was 20 years ago.)

I probably won't do much wheeling at first, but I like to go hunting and shoot several matches a month where it can get muddy real quick if a spring storm pops up. It will be taken off pavement, but not as much I would like. I like to know that all that capability is there if I need it though.

For the record, I can't remember the last time I went to the mall.

viking 08-23-2011 01:15 PM

Regardless of coloured fenders and top ,it still is a jeep. Everyone is as different as there owners. Enjoy the ride

Canyonrunner 08-23-2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by foo.c (Post 2487361)
I got an appointment with the dealership this Saturday to order my '12 Unlimited Rubicon. I'm probably going to get the body colored top and fenders. I really like the look of it, but for some reason it is pretty hated on the forums I've read.

This will be my first jeep, but my first vehicle was a '71 Bronco which I had a lot of fun in. (Really regret selling it even though it was 20 years ago.)

I probably won't do much wheeling at first, but I like to go hunting and shoot several matches a month where it can get muddy real quick if a spring storm pops up. It will be taken off pavement, but not as much I would like. I like to know that all that capability is there if I need it though.

Well..... you're probably not a mall crawler then. How could you be? You didn't order a Sahara. :wink: Just kidding. Anyway, congrats on your upcoming purchase. :thumbsup: :beer::beer:

ChryslerChris 08-23-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by foo.c (Post 2487361)

For the record, I didn't start this thread LOL

It's your Jeep, enjoy it :yup: That's the only rule you have to follow. Stock, modded to death, simple yet functional, it's yours so make it your own. Basically everything is OK unless it's a lowering kit, dubs, excessive chrome and spinners. Then you'll be tarred and feathered and made to run through the local mall :rotflmao2:

I personally think the colored fenders and tops were designed for people who would never buy a Jeep to begin with - they want pretty cars, so Chrysler, in an attempt to keep the Wrangler viable, caters to them.

But if you personally like color matched stuff, go ahead. It can get damaged a lot easier than the black non-colored stuff, so go easy when you wheel or maybe swap out the colored stuff before you do anything wicked offroad.

ChryslerChris 08-23-2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Canyonrunner (Post 2487368)
Well..... you're probably not a mall crawler then. How could you be? You didn't order a Sahara. :wink: Just kidding. Anyway, congrats on your upcoming purchase. :thumbsup: :beer::beer:

LOL you're gonna start another war with the Sahara owners out there :D

Fallen 08-23-2011 01:19 PM

One of the coolest things about a jeep is it's customability. Everyone is different. Get it the way you want it. Mod it the way you want it. Some will love it, others will hate it, but who cares. It's what you want. And you're driving a jeep!

pontiac31 08-23-2011 01:23 PM

Different strokes, different folks. Congrats on the JK. I get hell from everyone about how pretty mine is. I take pride in cleaning it up and tire foaming the hell out of everything when I am done wheeling in rocks or mud. I have, on more then one occasion, heard that thing is pretty, no way you wheel it. Even heard it from the RK guys at Mabell, they thought I just came to watch. I don't blame anyone for not wheeling any 4x4, Late model vehicles are expensive and even more costly to repair. So, the moral of the story, whether you wheel the snot out of it, or drive it to the grocery store, be proud and enjoy!

DarkS1de 08-23-2011 01:26 PM

Your money. Do what makes you happy. Forget what everyone else says.

foo.c 08-23-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris (Post 2487370)
But if you personally like color matched stuff, go ahead. It can get damaged a lot easier than the black non-colored stuff, so go easy when you wheel or maybe swap out the colored stuff before you do anything wicked offroad.

The top is probably going to be off anyways if I'm really wheeling, so no issue there. Do the fenders come off easily? If not, if they get scratched it up it will just be a good excuse to get new fenders.:wink:

Canyonrunner 08-23-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris (Post 2487373)
LOL you're gonna start another war with the Sahara owners out there :D

Yes you did my friend. See, you've given the poor guy anxiety about ordering his 'Rubi' with the body colored top and fenders. He can't even remember the last time he went to the mall. :rock::rock::rock: Me too, I go wheeling and the wifey goes to the mall. :yup: