Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another Leaky Top.... In Japan HELP!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Leaky Top.... In Japan HELP!

Well, I got flooded this weekend. Is this similar to what everyone else is getting from thier soft top?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Driver.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	31994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Windshield channel leak.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	31995   Click image for larger version

Name:	B Pillar Drivers side.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	31996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Passenger.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	31997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Under Rear seat.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	31998  

Old 10-26-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acidcrash
Well, I got flooded this weekend. Is this similar to what everyone else is getting from thier soft top?
Wow. That is excessive. My soft top leaks, but only right between the front and rear doors, on both sides. My soundbar gets a little water in it, and the carpet under the rear seat and rear floorboard area get wet. But nowhere near that much. And no leak around the header. That is certainly not normal. I would at least pull the drain plugs from the back, as well as maybe even the rear carpet, if you can't get to a dealer soon. I pulled my drain plugs a few weeks ago, and the carpet dries much faster now. I just live with the leaks on mine. Never owned a Jeep (have had 3) that didn't leak a little bit.

Anthony
Old 10-26-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acidcrash
My soft top doesn't leak like that in spite of me switching the soft and hard top 4-5 times and running it through a brushless car wash.

It's time for a warranty call!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

May be a stupid question but are there jeep dealers in japan, cause there are a tone of tsb's concerning water leaks
Old 10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check this out....care of matt08jk

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/water-leak-manual-106495/
Old 10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah. That is pretty standard.

Both JKs I've owned look exactly like that. 07 and 09. I made numerous trips to the dealer with the 07. A few on the 09 and just gave up. It's unfixable.

It's the rainy season again. Pay attention to how many leak threads are on here vs other model Jeep sites. It is clear the JK has severe manufacturing defects that other Wranglers never had.

Here's a video I made this time last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOYRETxwNE
Old 10-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Yom
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by saltman

Both JKs I've owned look exactly like that. 07 and 09. I made numerous trips to the dealer with the 07. A few on the 09 and just gave up. It's unfixable.

It's the rainy season again. Pay attention to how many leak threads are on here vs other model Jeep sites. It is clear the JK has severe manufacturing defects that other Wranglers never had.

You have alot of hate for the JK. haha

PS: my 08 2dr hardtop hasn't leaked yet and i've been through some ridiculous rain. Will be trying the soft top soon, hope it doesn't leak.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by saltman

My 09 softtop doesnt leak a drop. I have taken it through the touchless carwash a few times as well and nothing. I dont think it is a severe "manufacturing defect" but more of a hit and miss issue. I have had both TJ's and YJ's and those both leaked. I guess I am just lucky with this one.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Jedi

Look at the Softtop header replacement....Check to see if the header is sitting flush or tight up against the rubber gasket. See if it is bowing up this will be your issue for the header....under TSB.

The A & B pillars they need to add thicker foam sealer at the stock foam locations seems to work!

Quick Reply: Another Leaky Top.... In Japan HELP!