Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any News on the 2012 JK?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
Oh man a diesel option would be soo tits, too bad the 3.8 Wranglers will be flooding the market once everyone puts em up for sale to get the CRD hahaha
That's true... The value of a 3.8 wrangler will plummet.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Just wondering why people want diesel engine, please explain the advantages compared to petrol engine.

In Sweden we have to pay about 11 000 dollars more for a diesel wrangler compared to a petrol wrangler. The road tax is for a diesel about 2.5X the amount for a petrol engine, about 1400 dollar a year in tax for a diesel engine in a wrangler.

I know that a diesel have more torque and sounds loudly like a tractor but i find it to be to expensive in Sweden so it is no option and a do not like the sound of the engine.

I think a diesel engine also would be more expensive in The US.

For now I am driving a Suzuki Jimny 4WD with a 1.3 liter engine and waiting for a wrangler with a newer engine like the Pentastar.

I think that my 1.3 liter engine have enough torque and the Pentastar would be little overkill.

A Landrover Defender has 360Nm of torque and 122 HP with Diesel engine.

Best regards from Sweden, Europe.

Omar Brännström

Last edited by Omar Brannstrom; 01-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom
Hi

Just wondering why people want diesel engine, please explain the advantages compared to petrol engine.

In Sweden we have to pay about 11 000 dollars more for a diesel wrangler compared to a petrol wrangler. The road tax is for a diesel about 2.5X the amount for a petrol engine, about 1400 dollar a year in tax for a diesel engine in a wrangler.

I know that a diesel have more torque and sounds loudly like a tractor but i find it to be to expensive in Sweden so it is no option and a do not like the sound of the engine.

For now I am driving a Suzuki Jimny 4WD with a 1.3 liter engine and waiting for a wrangler with a newer engine like the Pentastar.

I think that my 1.3 liter engine have enough torque and the Pentastar would be little overkill.

Omar Brännström
Sweden is over taxed due to their Government hand outs.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom
Hi

Omar Brännström
The Swedish Govt is just pulling you eyes out in taxes,then going back for the sockets !
All these political emission taxes is just an excuse to grab cash, because there're skint.
What are they going to do for cash if everyone was driving electric !
They'd have to think of a new tax. Probably a toxin tax on batteries...
Sometime back in New Zealand the Govt was taxing farmers on the emissions from sheep & cows. It was called the FART TAX by the locals.... says it all.
Hey we've got a "sunshine tax" £220 imposed on flights to Florida.
Its bad enough hear in England my road tax goes up to £525 ($790) next year on my 2.8L CRD. and were taxed like rock stars on the fuel $7.50 per US gallon.
Hell the cheaper than diesel in the local supermarkets. Pity I couldn't run it on that.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RLT
Hey we've got a "sunshine tax" £220 imposed on flights to Florida.
Its bad enough hear in England my road tax goes up to £525 ($790) next year on my 2.8L CRD. and were taxed like rock stars on the fuel $7.50 per US gallon.
Hell the cheaper than diesel in the local supermarkets. Pity I couldn't run it on that.
Feel for ya dude, That is one of the reasons I left Britain, hope we never get that bad here.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Spoke to a GM at my jeep dealer who had been a jeep guy for ever. He said next year they are going to put a much larger motor in the JK's.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Would love to see the msrp of a diesel wrangler...
Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

a diesel is the ONLY thing i will EVER trade my wrangler for! i dont care how much money i put into it!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I heard mentioned that there will be 70th anniversary versions. Nothing special... just badging
Old 01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why does it matter, the worlds ending in 2012 anyways

Quick Reply: Any News on the 2012 JK?