Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any News on the 2012 JK?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan

Totally agree. The Chrysler site's search features suck. It'd also be nice if you could purchase directly from the factory without have to dick around with a dealer at all.
Amen to that!!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Totally agree. The Chrysler site's search features suck. It'd also be nice if you could purchase directly from the factory without have to dick around with a dealer at all.
When I was thinking about buying an 11, I got so frustrated with their search that I built my own app. It went to over 2001 dealer sites, found their inventory and downloaded all the details to a DB. Then I built a search app. Awesome. But all it proved was there were no Detonator Yellow Rubicons with Half Doors ANYWHERE in the country. So I waited, and now I'm glad. I'm going with a 12 and not looking back.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Cool dealer search

You can do an advanced google search against jeep.com and search for all of the exact words for options that you are looking for. That seems to work pretty well.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ndrugby
When I was thinking about buying an 11, I got so frustrated with their search that I built my own app. It went to over 2001 dealer sites, found their inventory and downloaded all the details to a DB. Then I built a search app. Awesome. But all it proved was there were no Detonator Yellow Rubicons with Half Doors ANYWHERE in the country. So I waited, and now I'm glad. I'm going with a 12 and not looking back.
Why not just order one (unless the color was dropped)? I ordered my JKU Rubicon with half doors - no problem. Plus if you go through fleet or internet services you don't face the comission team.

I've heard 6/1 will begin the 2012 orders and they'd have an August delivery.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

So this app...anywhere where others can use and benefit from it?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Huh, well I'm all for a better mouse trap. When you configure a vehicle on the jeep site, you can then "Find your Vehicle" For me it returns dealer listings that match my vehicle. Not all the options, but color and transmission. Maybe I'm just getting lucky Anyway I plan on getting half doors too, but will have the dealer add the parts to my purchase. You are right, though, there are very few with them as stock on dlr lots.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! Wish the Jeep site would let us easily search for half-doors. Any chance you want to throw the app up for general consumption?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers

Why not just order one (unless the color was dropped)? I ordered my JKU Rubicon with half doors - no problem. Plus if you go through fleet or internet services you don't face the comission team.

I've heard 6/1 will begin the 2012 orders and they'd have an August delivery.
The color was dropped by the time I went to the dealer. I heard 6/2 on orders. I'm ordering a 12 then I think.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

As for making it available, it's a desktop app right now running off a desktop DB. I'd have to make some changes. I'll see if I get time to do it.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe old news but Allpar is quoting mileage figures of 16/23

Quick Reply: Any News on the 2012 JK?