Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets on parts??

Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Velcro roll bar flashlight holder...$15 I'll never get back. Can't hold a maglight...only used it for a week now it's sitting in the garage. Live and learn!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gibson Dual Exhaust - too loud droning noise

I thought the dual exhaust would be really cool and have a nice sound. It has a horrible droning noise and makes me nauseous sometimes, especially if I have a hang over. I called Gibson and told them, so they sent me an in-line exhaust piece that is made to deaden the sound, but that barely did anything. I also tried looking online for other ways to turn down the droning noise, but did not find anything worthwhile. Let me clarify, it is not the loud sound, but the horrible droning noise at lower RPM.

Anyways, I am glad I kept my original exhaust because I am putting that back on soon.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Skyjacker shocks (junk) had to replace them with bilsteins

Wet okle seat covers (hole in the drivers side where I sit after only a few months)
Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Antenna X stubby. Read all the reviews on here of everyone saying they were great with no loss of reception, so I got one and put it on. My regular country station was coming in fine, so I though all was good. Next day, as I'm driving a commercial comes on, so hit scan and it goes around the horn and back to the same station. I tried manually tuning to other stations, and they are all have too much static to listen to.

Maybe the work okay in perfectly flat areas or in major cities, but not here.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HogHoden
Antenna X stubby. Read all the reviews on here of everyone saying they were great with no loss of reception, so I got one and put it on. My regular country station was coming in fine, so I though all was good. Next day, as I'm driving a commercial comes on, so hit scan and it goes around the horn and back to the same station. I tried manually tuning to other stations, and they are all have too much static to listen to.

I am less then thrilled with my Antenna X! Thank goodness for my XM radio and IPod!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo

I am less then thrilled with my Antenna X! Thank goodness for my XM radio and IPod!
Mine stayed bent after about a month in the "windy position" and I had loss in reception. Finally painted my stock one black and put it back on.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HogHoden

Interesting, I have one as well but have not noticed any loss of reception and I live in a fairly rural part of Alaska. There are some areas I drive where I do get static but it occurs in my other vehicles as well. Maybe the stock antennas reception is better than average and I pulled it off prior to really realizing. I personally would not go back to the factory one, I hated that fishing pole looking thing and whacked myself in the face twice while trying to move it out of the way to wash the window.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plastic grille inserts from eBay, they look so cheap I cant even bring myself to install them. Should have just saved the money and put it towards some higher quality aluminum or metal ones. Guess I will be picking giant bugs out of the radiator for the rest of the summer. How they manage to not see a Jeep in Rock Lobster and move out of the way is beyond me.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rugged ridge lights!

I have purchased many RR parts and haven’t had a problem yet but have read some awful things from other post.

I purchased a RR Light bar, 6 halogen lights and A-pillar switches. The bar itself and switches have held up fine, but the first month I put the lights on they started to rust. and I mean RUST! not only the brackets they connect with but the top of the lights as well that is painted black. the rust just pours over my jeep!

I contacted RR and asked that they send me new lights plus cover the cost to have the old lights taken off and the new ones installed and they said they would not. they said I would have to pay for the removal, shipping and new instillation fees. They would, after they received the lights and reviewed them consider replacing the lights.

So since their part failed they want me to pay to install the product twice, remove once and ship it back to them. seems ridicules to me. why would I pay someone to take off their bad product and install a new one again? I’ve already paid for that.

If you really stood behind your product you wouldn’t ask your customers to incur additional cost to have the problem fixed.

I had planned to purchase the RR rear bumper and tire carrier this month but wanted to see how they would honor their warrantee first. I guess now I’ll have to find another option!

Click image for larger version

Name:	light rust 1.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	529414
Click image for larger version

Name:	light rust.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	529415
Old 02-07-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

The jk rubicon it self all the money I spent I should of just built a crawler from scratch. Lol

Quick Reply: Any regrets on parts??