Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any on running PIT BULL ROCKER tires???

Old 10-17-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any on running PIT BULL ROCKER tires???

Looking for opinions about Pit Bull Rocker Radial tires. Anyone runnin these
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not running them and never have. Looked into them and have a buddy that is. For a daily driver I wouldnt recommend them. I've heard they are loud and wear fast.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lando
Not running them and never have. Looked into them and have a buddy that is. For a daily driver I wouldnt recommend them. I've heard they are loud and wear fast.
I would recommend them. The radials wear very well. I've had mine for around 25,000 miles with most of that 600 mile trips at a time to work and have only warn off 2 of the 6 tread wear steps. Work great in mud and on rocks. Mine are 35x12.5 R15 loade range c. they can be loud but I enjoy the sound of them and few turns of radio and can't hear them any way. Only negative I have is they can take a lot of wieght to balance. I just use dyna beads in them.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

I had a set of 35 pit bull rockers as well. Great tire in my opinion had plenty of traction and could really throw the mud. On road? Well let's just say I like driving a Cessna on the highway. As far as wear and balancing. Balancing really sucked they are poorly balanced from factory. And for wear I had them for about 20k no noticeable wear. Also they are quite heat (burn) resistant. and yes that is my jeep or it was, the building it was in didn't burn down completely but it got hot real hot in their or so I'm told. So yeah anyway great tire I'll definitely get another set for my next jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2013, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have 10K on 37s. Not a dd, mileage is to and from trails. As others have said: Loud (sounds like a B52 to me.) Horrible to balance (low was 8oz, high 13oz.) More concentration is required at freeway speeds than other brands. I've run them on them in rocks, mud and snow. A fabulous tire in the mud - cleans out like no other mainstay competitor. In snow, typically hold traction while others break it. Great in the rocks if the lugs have something to bite into. The one downside I've noticed compared to others is on a steepish sandy/slick granite climb with no variation for the lugs to hold onto, they have a harder time. I run them around 9psi, 6 psi in the snow. They bag much more readily the the E-rated Toyos. Previously ran 37 KM2s. The outside lugs are wearing faster than the KM2s did at 10k, but no chucking and I don't consider the wear bad at all. ZERO regret on them and would get them again if I say w/ 37s. However, IF if was a dd, I would likely get a more on-road friendly m/t.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had them on three daliy driver jeeps... awesome tire on and offroad.. wears really good.. does have a nice hum , but i like that... did require a good amount of weight to balance.. but no big deal.. highly recomend

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-09-15 18.18.03.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	511364
Old 11-15-2013, 03:45 AM
JK Freak

I've had two sets so far work real well on just about everything.
.Click image for larger version

Name:	frontveiw (800x600).jpg
Views:	1987
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	511366
Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input. I have 2015 Rubi on order. Looking at the Metal Cloak lift and 35s.

Quick Reply: Any on running PIT BULL ROCKER tires???