Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone selling or thinking of selling their JK?

Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought mine a month ago. Knew what gas prices were, and where they were probably heading.

It just didn't matter. I've wanted a Wrangler for years, and once the 4-door came out I knew I'd have to get one. I check it out in the driveway constantly, just because I can't believe I finally got one.

That being said, everyone has to make their own choices. My FIL just bought a Honda Civic (or something like that, it's just a car, I didn't pay attention), because his Dodge Ram was eating so much fuel. Of course, the truck was paid off, and now he has a car payment on top of his gas bill, instead of just a slightly higher gas bill. Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Keep us posted on the test drives, and I sure hope if you spring for a Hemi that at that point they'll give you the decals. lol

And to the OP, how much did you pay for your Jeep originally? I think the dealer's quote to you on what it would sell for used, is unfortunately true. All the goodies we add to our Jeeps that we think are the cat's pajamas don't end up being worth much of anything when it comes to reselling the Jeep.
Originally paid $24,500 before taxes, etc. It is a highly optioned X that I ordered. I know that most X's sell for much less. But I still find it hard to believe that it is only worth $18,000 to $20,000 when I see 2006 X and sport models going for the same price with more mileage.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

We went by the dealer yesterday looking for a white 4-dr Rubi for my wife, learned that right now they are really hardnosed about these Wranglers, I don't understand with todays gas prices how they are selling and turns out "THEY ARE NOT SELLING" , not like they were at least or even close. So something has to give sooner or later with Chrysler, better rebates (don't believe in those anyway ) lifetime powertrain warranty is the only good thing they have for an incentive right now.

Quick Reply: Anyone selling or thinking of selling their JK?