Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Partsgeek.com - Use at your own risk

Old 02-15-2018, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Partsgeek.com - Use at your own risk

I flopped my JK a couple of weeks ago and have been starting to gather parts for it.

I usually use Rock Auto, Quadratec, 4 Wheel Parts and O'Reilly's if I need something quick and they have it.

Well, I'm trying to find a right front inner fender support and I'm having no luck at local junk yards, Craigslist (everyone local thinks stock JK fenders are a valuable commodity)

I find it on Parts Geek, which is kind of like Rock Auto but was cheaper for an aftermarket support. As I'm going to hack it up for my cut fenders, this was a good option, or at least it looked like one.

$26 for the part CH1245100, which the part number verified across several other websites and $12 shipping. Thought it was a bit high but it was still cheaper than everyone else.

Order the part, it arrives in a day and in an appropriate sized box. I open the box and it's not a Jk inner fender support but some 2 piece moulding that has nothing to do with a JK. I check the part number on the box, yes, it's the part number I wanted.

This company has no phone # to contact so everything is thru email. After several emails, my only options are:
1) Return the part at my expense, get a credit of $26 and reorder, paying for shipping again. They said it's not likely to happen again but offer no assurances that it won't and that if it does, I go back to step 1.
2) Eat the part and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

I informed them that this was unacceptable and that I would take option 2. In addition I'm going to tell everyone i can about this.

I own up to the fact I was trying to be cheap and that's totally my fault. However, I expect a company to own their problems too.

Partsgeek.com won't own their mistakes, makes excuses on why they can't help you and while they would refund my purchase, in the case it is throwing good money after bad, so buyer beware.

Quick Reply: Partsgeek.com - Use at your own risk