Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bestop Trailcover?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my Bestop trail cover with the soft top folded down and the Rugged Ridge mirror relocation kit on both sides. There have been no fit problems. I have the Warn rock sliders, so I have to attatch the straps to the bottom of the rock rails which works fine.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the Rampage cab cover for just $39.99 at Quadratech if you're looking for a cheapie solution.

It fits fine with the top down (above) and even better with the top up. It seems to be tailored, actually, for top-up fitment.
It's very lightweight and easy to throw on.

My only complaint is that after only a handful of uses one of the elastic extenders started to separate from the web strap it was attached to -- required me to re-sew, but seems to be holding now.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the Rampage cab cover for just $39.99 at Quadratech if you're looking for a cheapie solution.

It fits fine with the top down (above) and even better with the top up. It seems to be tailored, actually, for top-up fitment.
It's very lightweight and easy to throw on.
I purchased the rampage as well.... works great at keeping the dew out overnight. Last night, with a storm moving it, I decided to really put it to the test. When I came back home about 30 minutes after it started seriously pouring, things looked good, AT FIRST.

Then I noticed that a huge pool of water (about 4 inches deep) had formed on the top above the front-- between the speakerbar and the windshield. "Well, that's ok" I thought, because at least that water isn't in the cab.

WRONG... I pulled up the side of the cover to peak, and water was in fact seeping through the fabric. I knew when I bought it, but felt compelled to put this to the test, that WATER RESISTANT doesn't mean WATER PROOF.

At least now I know!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very happy with my Trail Cover. I also have the Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets. No problem

Old 06-15-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RotorHead
I'm very happy with my Trail Cover. I also have the Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation Brackets. No problem

does the jeep pull that pop up?
Old 06-15-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
does the jeep pull that pop up?
Yup. It's only 2600 lbs dry. It pulls really well. I need to stay out of the mountains until I get my gears, but it pulls really nice.

Quick Reply: Bestop Trailcover?