Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beware: Do not order from 4wd.com!!!!!!! Zero customer service

Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware: Do not order from 4wd.com!!!!!!! Zero customer service

Long story short: I ordered a Trektop NX for a 4 door JKU so I thought. 4wd.com sent me one for a 2 door. So I call today to get them to send me a pre-paid UPS label and they say no, I ordered the wrong top. I said no I didn't, I drive a 4 door not a 2 door so I would not have done this.
On their website when you click on Trektop NK, there is a picture of a 4 door JKU. However, in the description it does say 2 door models. My bad which I admit. Right above this is a picture of a 2 door jeep with the Trektop on it. There is a price difference in the 2 so I'm thinking I've ordered the right one.
4wd.com said they will not send me a pre-paid label end of story. I was going to turn right around and order the correct top from them but I was not going to pay $126.00 to send it back to them. BS!!!!! So I should have read the description better but their customer service is non-existent!! This was the 1st time ordering from them and yes it will be the last. Its not like I ordered a tshirt, it was a $600 soft top. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

How many other times have you ordered something that was the wrong size, color, or just didn't like it did a company send you an email with a pre-paid label on it? Plenty of times!!!! I beg you people NOT to order from these people. They did not care at all. They said the pictures on their website were generic and they took NO responsibilty for this at all. MF!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default try this

Give Bryan Hart @ 4wd.com 1-800-333-5535 ext 938 i bet he can take care of you.

He is a member on this forum; search for "Bustabizz". He has taken care of any problems I have had so far.

I hope you get this resolved.

Todd
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ordered and had a mix up before and they resolved it for me no problem. Just sayin'. Do as the above poster said and get in contact with Bryan. He squared it away for me.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

So you F-up and you still bash the vendor for not covering your mistake? Not cool! Use the resources you have on here (Bryan) before you take shots at a company that has been really great for a lot of us!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highly possible you just got an employee who is doing it by the book on their end, reach out to him like the above said. Hopefully he can get you squared away, $126 is asking a lot for a company on a simple request, some mild persistance or another agent/manager might be a little more liberal in their decision.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bryan(Bustabizz)=:th umbsup: Great customer service!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea if you ordered the wrong thing most companies would not cover return shipping. However depending on how you talk to the person they will most likely help you out and get you a return lable. I have the same things happen here.

If my customer calls sais hey man i messed up and got the wrong thing could you get me a return lable? I would inform them that normally the customer would have to cover freight but i'll let it slide this time.

If they called up rude you shipped me the wrong thing! i have to pull their po and find out i shipped what they ordered i wont be as nice.

Maybe you should contact them again play nice or get with the above contact and just play nice they might let you return it on their dime.

As a person i cant expect a company to eat cold hard $$ because of MY mistake.

Last edited by The_Yeti; 08-26-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

What a suck, 126 is pretty stiff. Maybe you could pm the representative and see if you could get a discount on shipping the corect one to you to help offset?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So as a company they are supposed to just roll over and suck up the money for your mistake? If more people would take responsibility for their own F' ups the world would be a better place IMO. That said Ill bet that if you would have contacted Brian before you went and trash mouthed his business he might have helped you. Who knows he might still help you.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Don't send it back for $126. Sell it locally to a fellow Jeeper for $50 under retail and save yourself $75 bucks...then order the right top from a different place.