Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Black Diamond 3" review

Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Diamond 3" review

Well somehow I manage to hold of for about 12hrs on unpackin my lift kit and inspecting everything. So here is my review.

Black diamond 3" suspension lift with adjustable track bar

First you will get these. surprisingly they weight alot more then I thought.

the fronts

the rears

Then you get to open the long box. Now I will say the box was very secure. not only taped shut, but also stapled shut. But, there was no type of internal structure to keep things seperated. they did throw in a few air pillows and did wrap the parts (all but the track bar) in bubble wrap. But this still does not stop it from sliding around in shipping.

the trackbar. Its a nice piece of work. the powder coat is very nice, and should hold up for a long time.

Now, the two following items I am not to happy with, but I am sure I wont use them to long so no need for getting fussy on it.

first up the sway bar endlinks.
I will say that I am lucky in the regards that mine were actually coated with something, how ever the coating is very poor. The tops of both links where totally missed. but the overall construction of the link itself is nice.

not sure if you will be able to make this one out, but it is a the top of one link that was coated, except for the top.

Sorry for the fuzzy pic.

Next up is the track bar bracket. I wont be using this piece for more then a month or two, so I am not worried about it at all. But the welder needs to learn patients or relearn how to weld this piece. it is zinc coated.

All in all l really like the kit. Yes the endlinks and bracket have something to be desired, but those will be changed out very shortly.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The swaybar link bushings are in your hardware pack.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

I know they are in the hardware pack. I wasn't saying anything about those, rather the coating that was on the endlinks themselves
Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

Your lucky , my links were bare metal with a bit of oil smeared on them.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

Sorry, you wrote "missed" I read missing Good luck with your kit and post some pics when your done.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had to paint my link's to , and machine out the track bar endlink bushing so bolt would go through... But I love the lift and the ride. GOOD LUCK ON THE INSTALL. Be sure and put your warning decal on..

Last edited by Whats Next; 06-12-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

How would you compare the ride to stock and what was your actual net lift?
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The ride is just a little stiffer than stock , not bad at all.. My fender height went from 36 inch in the front to 42 inch... And in the rear 36 inch to 40 3/4 ... Thats with the 35s on.. What shocks did you get..
Originally Posted by Tlow
How would you compare the ride to stock and what was your actual net lift?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh i dont have this lift.. it was one i was considering so i was trying to get an oppinion from someone who has lived with it for a time

Quick Reply: Black Diamond 3" review