Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Bushwacker Soft Top

Old 06-26-2018, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwacker Soft Top

I've been looking at Bestop NX Glide soft tops, but came across Bushwacker which has two versions:

Fast Back - bushwacker.com/trail-armor/jeep-trail-armor-fastback-soft-top-14925
Flat Back - bushwacker.com/trail-armor/jeep-trail-armor-flat-back-soft-top-15225

Has anyone checked these out?
Old 07-27-2018, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

The Bushwacker Trail Armor Flatback has been installed.
It took about 3 1/2 hours to unbox & layout all the parts, build the frames for the door surrounds, then attach the covers.
It is actually a farily easy install.
A couple tips -- When building the surrounds, it doesn't distinguish that the front bracket is smaller than the rear bracket. Also, when tucking the main top deck to the upper door surrounds, it is best to un-fasten the velcro first. This loosens the fabric just enough to tuck the plastic strips. Then fasten the velcro back in place.

It fits pretty tight. The tonneau cover was hard to tuck in, but just waited for some sunshine to loosen it a bit. The road noise isn't too bad (a little louder than the hard top) but nothing out of the
ordinary for a soft top.

It is a well-made, good quality black twill! I like it!

Last edited by steelbreeze10; 07-27-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Reformat the text and graphics.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice, I like it.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Will that flat back top work for someone who has installed the rear seat recline blocks? Any room behind the windbreaker?
Old 08-01-2018, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Good question. I don't have the recline blocks installed, but I'm guessing the seats are angled towards the back a bit.
I just went out to check the spacing. There's plenty of give / space in most of the windbreaker area against the back seat, except at the two corners. Its really tight at those locations only, with not much give. I can fit my hand between and it gives some separation just barely.

Last edited by steelbreeze10; 08-01-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Based on those pictures, I'd say no, won't work with the rear seat recline blocks. I have the blocks installed and they definitely lean the top of the seat back more than that top is going to allow.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Are you still running the Bushwhacker flat-back top? I have this top still in the box along with the additional parts to switch to a slant back version of it. I have been trying to get real feedback from people that have it and have used it for a while. I hear a lot of complaints about it leaking real bad and so on. I know if it is not stretched out and the header section installed correctly it will have issue. Just curious how yours is doing.

any leaks?
problems?
solutions to issues you have fixed.

Quick Reply: Bushwacker Soft Top