Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Buying the Mesh for the Warrior Doors..Yea/Nea?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying the Mesh for the Warrior Doors..Yea/Nea?

I am ordering the Warrior Doors for my JK and was looking at the mesh, wondering if it is worth $75.00 per pair to buy the mesh or if this is not worth it (or if I can add mesh myself much cheaper)?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
JK Freak

I have it, its nothing special and you could make it yourself easily. Some nice nylon straps or mesh would be fine. I like mine and they install easy and I just don't have the time to make this kind of thing and I don't have a sewing machine. The Warrior ones have a nice edge so they look finished. The tight mesh in my opinion is the way to go as it really does block out wind. They also keep little kids feet in better.

Good luck.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I ordered the Warrior doors with the mesh - can't wait to get them and put them on. Do you have ANY concerns about having your kids in the back with these doors on?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Junkie

I'm waiting for a little more money and I'll be getting them. I have no concerns with the kids in the back an these. In fact that's the reason I want them. My wife does not want me driving with the back doors off and the kids in and frankly I'm not real keen on it either, but we are both comfortable have the bar style doors. As far as the screen goes, I want it more to give it a finished look. I've seen with and without and think it looks better with it in.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by StealthAWD
Thanks, I ordered the Warrior doors with the mesh - can't wait to get them and put them on. Do you have ANY concerns about having your kids in the back with these doors on?
Well, I have driven my kids around in the back with them on and I really did not worry. They are belted in, they are 5 and 7 years old and sit still and do as their told. They have enough inate fear and respect for falling out that I never considered that a problem. As for side impact, yes that is a concern and we have only used them for going around town slowly and driving over to a friends house to go fishing etc... With the mesh on, there is no way my kids can stick their legs out with out taking off the seat belt and they wonl't do that. I don't drive on the interstate wtih them.

My kids love them and think they are great.

You won't regret them.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gasser
Well, I have driven my kids around in the back with them on and I really did not worry. They are belted in, they are 5 and 7 years old and sit still and do as their told. They have enough inate fear and respect for falling out that I never considered that a problem. As for side impact, yes that is a concern and we have only used them for going around town slowly and driving over to a friends house to go fishing etc... With the mesh on, there is no way my kids can stick their legs out with out taking off the seat belt and they wonl't do that. I don't drive on the interstate wtih them.

My kids love them and think they are great.

You won't regret them.

Jeff
Just something to conside, if you're concerned about getting hit on the side with no doors, why only go without doors around town, that's where you are most likely to get t-boned. Interstates and country roads you have less intersections so lower chance of getting hit on the side, just a thought.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Just something to conside, if you're concerned about getting hit on the side with no doors, why only go without doors around town, that's where you are most likely to get t-boned. Interstates and country roads you have less intersections so lower chance of getting hit on the side, just a thought.
Yes, I am not too worried about it. For the most part, its just me running one mile to work or the occasional trip to the store. Just like the open feeling. I wish we would have a stretch of sunny weather here soon. I want to leave the top off for a while.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Buying the Mesh for the Warrior Doors..Yea/Nea?