Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Caliper Bracket Bolt Missing (yep - missing)

Old 05-05-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper Bracket Bolt Missing (yep - missing)

Was driving down the interstate on Saturday, took the offramp, stopped at the light and started driving again and WOW - major screaching from the right rear wheel.

I stopped at my brother's house, pulled the wheel and noticed that the lower caliper bracket bolt was gone from the passenger side. The caliper had then slid rearward on the bottom and was dragging against the inside of the wheel.

Had to have it towed to the dealership and go without it until today. After having 5 techs look at it they came to the conclusion that the bolt never existed in the first place. Evidently it was missing from the factory and the caliper slowly loosened up enough to hit the wheel.

The dealership, and I were completely baffled. It mus have been a Friday afternoon at the manufacturing plant and the QC department.

All fixed and documented now - glad I wasn't in the middle of nowhere when this happened.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmbl_b
Was driving down the interstate on Saturday, took the offramp, stopped at the light and started driving again and WOW - major screaching from the right rear wheel.

I stopped at my brother's house, pulled the wheel and noticed that the lower caliper bracket bolt was gone from the passenger side. The caliper had then slid rearward on the bottom and was dragging against the inside of the wheel.

Had to have it towed to the dealership and go without it until today. After having 5 techs look at it they came to the conclusion that the bolt never existed in the first place. Evidently it was missing from the factory and the caliper slowly loosened up enough to hit the wheel.

The dealership, and I were completely baffled. It mus have been a Friday afternoon at the manufacturing plant and the QC department.

All fixed and documented now - glad I wasn't in the middle of nowhere when this happened.
Doo-Doo occurs , we just hate when it happens to us. Ill bet they checked the rest too.

Quick Reply: Caliper Bracket Bolt Missing (yep - missing)