JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Can't find one!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/cant-find-one-277802/)

Jwoz 06-15-2013 04:46 AM

Can't find one!!!

I am in the process of shopping for a new JK. I am looking for a '13 sport unlimited and I do want the 3.73 gears. I have searched pretty much all the dealer websites and a lot in person and cannot find any dealers with a model in their inventory with 3.73 gears (from CT by the way). Anyone else have this problem. Im starting to assume I will have to order my new jeep instead of finding it somewhere. Never ordered a new vehicle before so I sort of don't know what to expect. Not sure as far as other options but I do know I want either Bilet or Rock Lobster.

Yuriy 06-15-2013 04:59 AM

I ran into the same problem, ended up ordering because no dealer within 500mi had Sport S with premium top, Max tow pckg, and premium radio!

Good luck to you!

RalphTomaccio 06-15-2013 06:33 AM

I had very specific things I wanted when I was ready to buy my 2012 JKU last year and did pretty much the same thing - checked the inventory of all the dealers in my area on-line. When I went to the dealer where I ultimately bought my Jeep, I had them do a search and they found exactly what I was looking for.

My point? Let a dealer search for you. If there is one around, they'll find it for sure!

rob_engineer 06-15-2013 06:45 AM

Same exact thing here last year in NJ. I ordered mine. Took about a month to get. So glad I didn't settle for something less. My only consideration now would be for the model year. Which one would you get of you ordered? If you wait a month to order would that have you in a 2014?

BigSteve 06-15-2013 07:30 AM

Just order one the way you want it. That way you get everything you want and nothing you don't. It doesn't cost anything extra, just a little extra waiting.

Jwoz 06-15-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by rob_engineer (Post 3587557)
Same exact thing here last year in NJ. I ordered mine. Took about a month to get. So glad I didn't settle for something less. My only consideration now would be for the model year. Which one would you get of you ordered? If you wait a month to order would that have you in a 2014?

I haven't really thought of that! I have not looked into the 2014's at all, are there any considerable changes? I expect to just go with the '13 but who knows. As a side note, i'm totally impatient and my current truck is on it's last leg but I guess I'm gonna have to wait the order time.

shabbernigdo 06-15-2013 12:35 PM

I had to order my jeep as well. Finding a 2 door rubi with a manuel transmission was hard but finding one with the packages i wanted and without the ones i dident . Pretty much impossible

Jwoz 06-16-2013 09:07 AM

Lets see

Well, I actually found a billet 6 speed with the max tow in Mass. Going to dealer near me tomorrow to see about it.

crucks 06-16-2013 02:43 PM

Had the same issue looking for a rock lobster unlimited 3:73s, tow package, hardtop, manual Trans. I couldn't believe all the automatics that were out there. They found one 7 weeks later that was on a train.

Jwoz 06-16-2013 07:05 PM

Anybody have experience having they're dealer find a jeep from another dealer out of state? Not sure if its worth me driving 2 hours or see the cost in shipping the vehicle here. I assume the dealer can work that out