Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Can't Find Wrangler with My Options

Old 04-26-2017, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Find Wrangler with My Options

I'm looking to finally purchase a new 2 door Wrangler for myself within the next few months. However, I can't find one with just my desired options. The options I want are air conditioning, automatic transmission, 3.73 gear ratio, and billet silver color. That's it. The gear ratio seems to be the major sticking point. Do they make a quick order option package with this? Is the 3.73 gear ratio offered as a stand alone option or is it only available if you order the Willys or higher packages? I've searched a ton of dealers in AL, FL, GA, MS, LA, and NC and I cannot find this combination. I assume I'm going to have to order what I want to get it. Anyone know when the order banks close (if they haven't already)? And generally timeframe of an order?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorMedic
I'm looking to finally purchase a new 2 door Wrangler for myself within the next few months. However, I can't find one with just my desired options. The options I want are air conditioning, automatic transmission, 3.73 gear ratio, and billet silver color. That's it. The gear ratio seems to be the major sticking point. Do they make a quick order option package with this? Is the 3.73 gear ratio offered as a stand alone option or is it only available if you order the Willys or higher packages? I've searched a ton of dealers in AL, FL, GA, MS, LA, and NC and I cannot find this combination. I assume I'm going to have to order what I want to get it. Anyone know when the order banks close (if they haven't already)? And generally timeframe of an order?

That is what I would do is order it or look for one with the tow package.

R/
Will
Old 04-26-2017, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Willys comes with 3:73's and lots of them are made in silver.

Have you used Jeep.com's search feature ?

The Willys W comes with A/C standard
The Willys does not come standard but is a $1200 option

Last edited by LidLess07X; 04-26-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Canvas
That is what I would do is order it or look for one with the tow package.

R/
Will
Looks like that's what I'll have to do. Didn't even think about the tow package...
Old 04-27-2017, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
The Willys comes with 3:73's and lots of them are made in silver.

Have you used Jeep.com's search feature ?

The Willys W comes with A/C standard
The Willys does not come standard but is a $1200 option
Yes, I've used the jeep.com search feature. Nothing matches. Best match I got was 9/12 which the 3.73 is the major sticking point because I refuse to compromise on that. Ideally I would like just those three options with no extras, which is why I didn't want the Willys. But it's looking like if I want to buy off a lot and not order, it will have to be Willys with the extras I don't want.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why not just order one?
Old 04-27-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Ordering sure seems like the way to go in general.......but I can't imagine how agonizing it is to sit and wait through the build and delivery time once you've pulled the trigger. LOL.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I ordered my 2012. For that model year, MAX Tow got you the 3.73, which I insisted on. The wait wasn't bad, about 4-5 weeks. Waiting a month for something I've now had more than 5 years seems inconsequential now looking back. Glad I got exactly what I wanted.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Ordering does seem to be the way to go. Anyone know when the order banks close for 2017 models? Hearing 4-5 week wait time in 2012 isn't too bad at all. Wonder if that's still the normal timeframe right now.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
Ordering sure seems like the way to go in general.......but I can't imagine how agonizing it is to sit and wait through the build and delivery time once you've pulled the trigger. LOL.
When I ordered my 97 TJ there were initial production delays I ordered it in July 96', I took delivery in December 96'......that was agonizing. Though my girlfriends 15 Scat Pack Charger and my 17 WK2 Trailhawk were all about 6 weeks from time of order to time of delivery.

Ordering was well worth it. Especially if you can't find anything your happy with on the dealer lot.

Quick Reply: Can't Find Wrangler with My Options