JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Cheapest tires in Canada (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/cheapest-tires-canada-108956/)

Yoda 11-19-2009 03:57 AM

Cheapest tires in Canada

Where can I buy the cheapest tires in Canada? (US customs sucks :sad2:)

RedneckJeep 11-19-2009 04:20 AM

Probably somewhere that sells Matel replacement tires for Hot Wheels. :crazyeyes:

Like my 11th grade English teacher used to say.... "Be mo pacific!!" True story, I swear. :rotflmao2:

Adam3612 11-19-2009 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by JK Freedom (Post 1435039)
Where can I buy the cheapest tires in Canada? (US customs sucks :sad2:)

There's a place online called 1010 tires - www1010tires.com

I don't know much about them but their prices seem pretty fair to me considering we are in Canada where a set of tires cost an arm and a leg. Crappy Tire has the Goodyear Wrangler Territories on sale this coming week, if you're interested. If you find any place cheaper let me know, i'll be looking for tires myself in the not too distant future.

w squared 11-19-2009 06:14 AM

Canadian Tire. You're not going to find tires cheaper than their Motormaster crap.

Do you want good tires? Or cheap tires?

blackpanther 11-19-2009 07:54 AM

I am also looking for tires
Checked the site, they are still very expensive.
Wrangler MT/R Kevlar in 275-65-18 their price $399.00
Cheapest local price I found so far $327.00
I am still looking,trying to package wheels and tires here.

Originally Posted by Adam3612 (Post 1435167)
There's a place online called 1010 tires - www1010tires.com

I don't know much about them but their prices seem pretty fair to me considering we are in Canada where a set of tires cost an arm and a leg. Crappy Tire has the Goodyear Wrangler Territories on sale this coming week, if you're interested. If you find any place cheaper let me know, i'll be looking for tires myself in the not too distant future.

BlackNorthernJK 11-19-2009 08:36 AM

As crappy as it may seem, I honestly got the cheapest price from Tirerack.com, full set of MT's plus a full set of Revo's on Rims for my girlfriends truck shipped across the border to my door for less than any local supplier was willing to go...canadian tire suppliers flat out suck....furthermore....when I told the last dealer I was willing to talk to that I could still save money by having them shipped across the border, he said "then open up a business and compete with me" :naw: they just don't care about service up here

JulianK 11-19-2009 09:27 AM

I honestly got the cheapest price from Tirerack.com
Ditto! $80 a pop for BFG-KM's! Even with shipping, taxes, shmaxes and duty, it still came to about 7 and change (just a little under CDN$800) for 5 tires! Beats the hell out of the $1600 that Chrysler was going to charge me!

Matador 11-19-2009 11:37 AM

Where in Canada do you live? it's kind of a big place??!!!!!

i bought my tires from a local shop.....they gave me a better price...than what I could find on the net. You just have to talk to them a bit....they will give you a decent price...or just call around

If you live in Ontario....I can give you the place that I bought my tires.

BlackNorthernJK 11-19-2009 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Matador (Post 1435737)
Where in Canada do you live? it's kind of a big place??!!!!!

i bought my tires from a local shop.....they gave me a better price...than what I could find on the net. You just have to talk to them a bit....they will give you a decent price...or just call around

If you live in Ontario....I can give you the place that I bought my tires.

But it says underneath everyones avatar where they're from here:thinking:

I always applaud anyone that has found a steal of a deal, however they aren't everywhere to be found...I shopped around for months, on the phone in person, and maybe it's an Edmonton thing with all the oil money that was floating around here...but absolutely ever single tire shop was charging ridiculously inflated prices and they were unwilling to deal despite the fact I was looking at dropping around 3000 dollars in tires and rims all because they knew the rig crews would just pay whatever price they set.
At that time when the CDN dollar was more than the American dollar it was cheaper to buy from tirerack and basically have them comission a truck to deliver them over the border to me than to buy from any single local distributer....and because of that, they have all lost my business

Matador 11-19-2009 12:39 PM

I am sorry.....I don't know where New France is in Canada.

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK (Post 1435775)
But it says underneath everyones avatar where they're from here:thinking:

I always applaud anyone that has found a steal of a deal, however they aren't everywhere to be found...I shopped around for months, on the phone in person, and maybe it's an Edmonton thing with all the oil money that was floating around here...but absolutely ever single tire shop was charging ridiculously inflated prices and they were unwilling to deal despite the fact I was looking at dropping around 3000 dollars in tires and rims all because they knew the rig crews would just pay whatever price they set.
At that time when the CDN dollar was more than the American dollar it was cheaper to buy from tirerack and basically have them comission a truck to deliver them over the border to me than to buy from any single local distributer....and because of that, they have all lost my business