Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 12-28-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's everyone doing? I hope you guys are getting some encouraging news.

Love the spy shots!

Well, I can't post pics, as my digital camera has crapped out on me. Sorry to dissapoint, but I will post some as soon as I get a replacement.

So.. as far as my 08... the Freedom top leaks, the Mygig crackles and pops on some mp3s, and the DVD was not enabled when it arrived in Virginia. The dealership even pissed me off and took the liberty of placing one of their delaer stickers on the back of my Jeep, though they weren't the ones who sold it to me. But I figured I'd rather remove it myself, than have some greasy-fingered rat-clawed lot-boy come out and scratch at it to remove it.

That said, I have 357 miles on it already. Despite the above mentioned issues, I must say.. .I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle as much as this one. It's fan-f'ing-tastic. Just can't wait for some nice weather (yeah, right) to take the top and doors off and cruise with the wind whistling by.

Hang in ,guys... you can make it!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Super Freak

So I am still back in BG right now. I am wondering if the fact that I have the 6 speed without the tow package is holding up the order. If the 3.21 is in short supply it would put me back to BG.

I want to put a hitch on it to tow my ATV and trailer. I thought I would rather have the 3.21 for gas mileage but am wondering if the difference between the 3.21 and 3.73 is that signifiant in fuel economy. I may just add the tow package and see if it changes anything. I am trying to be as efficent as possible with the JK being my DD and rumors of $4.00 per gallon this summer.

What do you all think of this?
Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you will want the 3.73 if you are towing anything, especially if you are also dealing with hills. I am not sure how much savings you will see with the 3.21's if you engine is working harder to tow at that ratio. I had 3.73's on my last jeep and felt is was just about perfect for most driving situations, balancing gearing power and fuel economy. Later, when I went to 33" tires, I wanted the 4.10's.

Last edited by utjeeper; 12-30-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gloworm19
How's everyone doing? I hope you guys are getting some encouraging news.

Love the spy shots!

Well, I can't post pics, as my digital camera has crapped out on me. Sorry to dissapoint, but I will post some as soon as I get a replacement.

So.. as far as my 08... the Freedom top leaks, the Mygig crackles and pops on some mp3s, and the DVD was not enabled when it arrived in Virginia. The dealership even pissed me off and took the liberty of placing one of their delaer stickers on the back of my Jeep, though they weren't the ones who sold it to me. But I figured I'd rather remove it myself, than have some greasy-fingered rat-clawed lot-boy come out and scratch at it to remove it.

That said, I have 357 miles on it already. Despite the above mentioned issues, I must say.. .I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle as much as this one. It's fan-f'ing-tastic. Just can't wait for some nice weather (yeah, right) to take the top and doors off and cruise with the wind whistling by.

Hang in ,guys... you can make it!
hey gloworm, so you like your jeep eh. tell me more about this leak, that bothers me because i had heard that they fixed the problem. where exactly is the leak located? are your electronics in danger? glad you're enjoying the jeep.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by utjeeper
I think you will want the 3.73 if you are towing anything, especially if you are also dealing with hills. I am not sure how much savings you will see with the 3.21's if you engine is working harder to tow at that ratio. I had 3.73's on my last jeep and felt is was just about perfect for most driving situations, balancing gearing power and fuel economy. Later, when I went to 33" tires, I wanted the 4.10's.
yeah, what he said.....could not have said it better.."balancing gearing power and fuel economy" check me on this, but i believe if you order a Sahara with the tow package you get a 3:73. hope you move up soon. Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiCajun
hey gloworm, so you like your jeep eh. tell me more about this leak, that bothers me because i had heard that they fixed the problem. where exactly is the leak located? are your electronics in danger? glad you're enjoying the jeep.

Well, we've had a few days of on and off rain ,and it's leaked twice, in the seam between the front two panels, right above the gear shift. I have seen where some people have the leak when drving or braking, but mine is when it's parked. The water forms as a droplet, and falls right on to the shifter. It's not much of a leak, but it is present. I tried loosening the panels and shifting them slightly, will know tomorrow if it works. Seeing how the worst leak was only a teaspoon or so, I guess I can't bitch too much. Seems like mine is not nearly as bad as some pople have had.

So far, it doesn't appear to be close enough to the MyGig to cause an issue... but we'll see...

Last edited by Gloworm19; 12-30-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

You SUCK! (I'm just jealous, that's all)

Originally Posted by codcape
I ordered a Red Rock Rubicon Unlimited with everything including My Gig, Aug 23 and it went to D1 Status today!

Can anyone tell me approx. how much longer to get delivery now that my order has gone to D1??

Thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Signature too long

Hahahahaha, my list of dates are getting so long, I'm now receiving messages that I have exceeded my character limit on the signature! It's not my fault! I'll have to email the moderators for a character extension if my Jeep does not arrive by the end of January.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

is that out of character for you?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like it my turn to leave the waiting room.

Two years ago on Christmas my wife bought me a red Jeep backpack and said someday we would get an actual Jeep. We’ll a little over two years later we picked it up and brought it home!

We only waited a few months for it to be built, but it was actually over two years from when we first started planning it. So far, it’s worth the wait! Good luck to all.

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes