Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler buying YOU a new soft top??? I think I'm getting one!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler buying YOU a new soft top??? I think I'm getting one!

I received a notification in the mail today regarding pinholes that form at the 2nd and 3rd bows of the tops on 2010 and 2011 Jeep Unlimiteds. If there are no holes, they're going to install some sort of protectors. If there are pinholes, they'll replace the top in addition to installing the protectors.

I have at least one pinhole on the driver's side and another on the passenger side. I was going to seal them with Aquaseal, but according to the letter I should get a new top. I'll let you know what happens.

Reference Customer Satisfaction Notification L24.

Keep your eyes on the mail and inspect your soft tops!

Jeff
Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

They replaced mine, no questions asked. Now my top is loud and rattles alot when going down the road. Miss my old top,BUT, I am thankful that they were quick to replace it when holes appeared. Just gives me an excuse to go topless more often.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Howie
They replaced mine, no questions asked. Now my top is loud and rattles alot when going down the road. Miss my old top,BUT, I am thankful that they were quick to replace it when holes appeared. Just gives me an excuse to go topless more often.

I hope to have a better experience than you... sorry, no offense! I run the soft top ~7 months. If it's loud, I'll be really PO'd

Your experience makes we want to just repair my old top.

Thanks.
Jeff
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Got my letter yesterday but after calling the local dealer and getting no response from the service department, I think I'll shop for another dealer with a service dept that gives a damn!

Quick Reply: Chrysler buying YOU a new soft top??? I think I'm getting one!