JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Chrysler Service Coupons (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/chrysler-service-coupons-59788/)

Fearney 10-28-2008 07:50 AM

Chrysler Service Coupons

Every now and then Chrysler has some awesome coupons for service. One time I got an oil change and tire rotation for $17.95. I can't hardly get oil and a filter for that price. This month it's an oil chance and new wiper blades for $19.95. Sure, I will oil myself but at these prices it's worth having them do it while I sit in their waiting room eating their doughnuts and drinking their coffee.

Go to Jeep.com for the coupons.

I know that some of you would rather change it yourself, go right ahead. I'm just sharing the wealth a couple of times it's been cheaper to have them do it vs. my going to autozone and buying what's needed.

tgrt 10-28-2008 08:21 AM

It's a good deal if you don't mind dealing with their hard sell on services you don't need.

Plus many people have had issues with dealerships screwing up something so simple. I swear they hire monkeys to do some of the work. I haven't had an issue with a Jeep dealership on these services, because I have always done my own routine maintenance on my Jeep, but I have had on my Ford as well as past vehicles. Issues I've had over the years include loose oil filter, low oil, unattached oil cap, and dry grease zerks (with vehicles that have had them).

Fearney 10-28-2008 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tgrt (Post 761037)
It's a good deal if you don't mind dealing with their hard sell on services you don't need.

Plus many people have had issues with dealerships screwing up something so simple. I swear they hire monkeys to do some of the work. I haven't had an issue with a Jeep dealership on these services, because I have always done my own routine maintenance on my Jeep, but I have had on my Ford as well as past vehicles. Issues I've had over the years include loose oil filter, low oil, unattached oil cap, and dry grease zerks (with vehicles that have had them).

Yea, I agree that some people have had problems. They have yet to screw something up for me. But to be safe, I always check my oil level after a few miles of driving following an oil change. Not once has a service rep. at Fresno Chrysler Jeep even mentioned anything beyond what I was visiting them for. In other words, I have never had to pay more than $22 bucks or so. Plus FREE doughnuts and coffee. ;)

Laughingstok 10-28-2008 09:47 AM

I ended up going there with the coupon, got my oil changed, tires rotated and fluids checked, etc.. for FREE.

They liked my Jeep. :ya:

Don't know how they get away with that stuff but he handed me the keys and said "It's on me."

I had to manually check all the stuff afterwards to make sure they didn't just screw me but they did it all!

Dizzyliz 10-28-2008 10:03 AM

I'm afraid of my local dealer- They are a bunch of idiots.

...I would rather change the oil myself. :brows:
And I have a buddy that services all the other goodies that are over my head. :crazyeyes:

torpex77 10-28-2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Laughingstok (Post 761195)
I ended up going there with the coupon, got my oil changed, tires rotated and fluids checked, etc.. for FREE.

They liked my Jeep. :ya:

Don't know how they get away with that stuff but he handed me the keys and said "It's on me."

I had to manually check all the stuff afterwards to make sure they didn't just screw me but they did it all!

They treated me on my first one too.

No hard sell, just "It's on us".

They did let me know they had some sort of three-year old change program for $125. But they didn't push the issue, even if it did seem like a pretty good deal.

BJeepJK 10-28-2008 07:40 PM

An oil change at my dealer is about $17, worth it to me to just let them do it ... plus they have a record of it if anything goes wrong.
I needed an oil change a few months ago but wasn't in the area so I went somewhere else. My dealer must of missed me because they sent me a coupon for a free oil change (hard to pass that up).
I paid about $5 more at the other place but didn't want to wait ... so after the free one I figure I saved $12 over the last 2 changes ... but I cann't seem to find all that extra money anywhere.
Anyhow, I like my dealer. They will even wash it for free if you ask the service guy, it's not the best wash job but it gets the salt off in the winters.

greenryde 10-30-2008 12:47 AM

I get a coupon flyer from my local dealer about every 3 mounths. I even got a phone call from them telling me it is time for service on my jeep.

HappyCurmudgeon 10-30-2008 01:45 AM

last time i had my Jeep in for a tsb, i had them do the oil change.

I just changed the oil a few weeks ago at a friends shop when i had my tires rebalanced yet again, and the drain plug must have been torques to oh...say around 15,000ftlbs. Ended up rounding it of and having to take a grinder to it to get a flat enough spot to get vice grips attached to it, I really thiought we where going to have to pull the engine skid to get more access, but he managed to get it, i couldnt budge it.

I'm not big on letting them touch much of anything.