Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowboy5150
Hey Wendy, you can update the info on my Jeep for your list if you are still keeping it up. After multiple trips to the dealer and having the Chrysler tech come out and look/listen to it and with a straight face tell me "i wouldn't worry about it". I got the bureau of automotive repair involved. Now my ticking went from nothing to worry about to them wanting to put two ( that's right [2] TWO, Dose [sp?])
brand spankin' new heads on. Waiting for them to come in.
Excellent! I sure am keeping up on the list. Glad you went to the bureau of automobile repair. Can't wait to hear about your engine's new caps. If you get two AC heads, you've definitely scored! Let me know if this resolves your issue.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Excellent! I sure am keeping up on the list. Glad you went to the bureau of automobile repair. Can't wait to hear about your engine's new caps. If you get two AC heads, you've definitely scored! Let me know if this resolves your issue.
How is your Jeep fairing? I took mine for a road trip this last weekend and I think I got close to 21/22 mpg. Since I don't have the pronounced ticking sound yet and mileage has been good I figure mine must have been made on a good day?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is these new acee heads you speak of?...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maverick17
How is your Jeep fairing? I took mine for a road trip this last weekend and I think I got close to 21/22 mpg. Since I don't have the pronounced ticking sound yet and mileage has been good I figure mine must have been made on a good day?
Oh sure...rub it in. I have never gotten over 17 MPG. But I love it more than ever: Power is great, shifting has gotten smoother. I'm sensitive to how my engine sounds and it sounds increasingly rougher. I also have a very slight ticking that wasn't there before. However, no one else can hear it. So I'm not going to push it. Just keep driving it and enjoying it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

What is these new acee heads you speak of?...
The orignal Pentastar heads (for Wranglers) were labled AA. The re-engineered heads were AB. Many JK's had replacement AB heads which, to my knowledge, fixed the ticking issue. However, a third re-engineered head (AC) has recently popped up on some service invoices.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

Oh sure...rub it in. I have never gotten over 17 MPG. But I love it more than ever: Power is great, shifting has gotten smoother. I'm sensitive to how my engine sounds and it sounds increasingly rougher. I also have a very slight ticking that wasn't there before. However, no one else can hear it. So I'm not going to push it. Just keep driving it and enjoying it.
Same here Wendy, I got 19.5 mpg first tank and have been averaging right around 17 mpg ever since. I am hoping lift and 35's won't affect that too much.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The orignal Pentastar heads (for Wranglers) were labled AA. The re-engineered heads were AB. Many JK's had replacement AB heads which, to my knowledge, fixed the ticking issue. However, a third re-engineered head (AC) has recently popped up on some service invoices.
My last post was mostly a joke, I'm aware of the part number progression as things are updated, I however was not aware that they already scrapped the AB heads.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

My last post was mostly a joke, I'm aware of the part number progression as things are updated, I however was not aware that they already scrapped the AB heads.
HAHA...got it! Sometimes it's hard to truely appreciate a joke on the forums. I've gotten in trouble on the forums before when I thought someone was using faking ignorance with sarcasm...turns out they actually were just an ignorant IDIOT.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Same here Wendy, I got 19.5 mpg first tank and have been averaging right around 17 mpg ever since. I am hoping lift and 35's won't affect that too much.
I know what you mean. I'm going to put 33's on mine which will make driving with 4:10's smoother. But, my MPG will go down the tubes. But I'll gain some clearance without a lift and will look COOOLER.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know what you mean. I'm going to put 33's on mine which will make driving with 4:10's smoother. But, my MPG will go down the tubes. But I'll gain some clearance without a lift and will look COOOLER.
You won't necessarily lose mpg (unless you're getting great mpg) - I'm running 33s with no lift and 4.10, I average around 19.something (hand calculated, not the dash mpg). That's a combination of hilly highways, local roads and a right shoe which is almost certainly made of lead.

Last edited by Rule18; 09-26-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012