Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Clicking noise problem under the jk

Old 03-15-2019, 08:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Clicking noise problem under the jk

Hi friends

I'm having a problem with my 2013 JK, I recently upgrade the tires to ( Cooper Stt Pro 325X65 18R "MONSTER TIRES" ), 4.88 gear, 2 1/2" boost lift for now and front control ams, after 100 miles I started hearing a clicking noise "sounds like 2 metals are clicking under the car" every time I accelerate or decelerate is only ONE click noise is not continuous sound, I thought it was from the transmission, gear or muffler but my mechanic said not.

hope anyone can help me thank you so much!

Old 03-16-2019, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

After modifying a suspension, you should always recheck torque on everything you touched after 500 miles or so. The timing of your noise is interesting considering you just installed all that stuff about a month ago. I would start by checking torque on all components that you touched. If you are getting a single sound when alternating between acceleration and deceleration, a lot of times that points to a control arm bolt. Think of the weight of the jeep shifting back and forth.....you get a single movement "click" and then things stay in that position until the weight of the jeep shifts the opposite direction (forward or backward) again. The times I've had this be a CA bolt though, the noise was only coming to a stop and then accelerating from a stop....rather than every time stepped on or let off the peddle. Still, that is where I would start if it were my jeep. Reconfirm torque on everything.
The following users liked this post:
AlexWladimir (03-17-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check your ball joints too. Mine was mire of a clunk than a click but good story to check.
The following users liked this post:
AlexWladimir (03-17-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

thank you so much for your info, you were right, i double check all the updates i made to the jeep and i hove no sound anymore... thank you!!
Old 03-17-2019, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks to you too my friend i checked that too !!

thanks
Old 03-17-2019, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Did you find a specific bolt that took a bit more torque?

Quick Reply: Clicking noise problem under the jk