Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cloth Seats Why Why Why!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloth Seats Why Why Why!!!!!!

Who puts cloth seats in a Jeep. They soak up water! Collect pollen and dust and they are difficult to clean! I am still knocking the pollen and dust out of the seats!! Why did Jeep put a cloth interior in? Why not use leather or vinyl. You just wipe them clean!! Scew all of the YES essential cloth stain barrier!!!!! It sucks! I am tired of sitting on a garbage bag if caught in the rain with the top down. I am going to have my seats covered in vinyl and screw the side airbags!! -Jimmy 2007 4 Door Rubicon $32,000.00 with cloth interior!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Vinyl is an option... Probley not in the rubicon.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Had leather in last two vehicles. Hated it. Makes ya sweat like a pig in summer.

Look into getting a cap to protect from the elements when the top is off.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love leather seats...way better than cloth.

Having said that, theres no freaking way i'd want leather on my rubi....it would be like sitting on hot coals anytime I have the top off...which in this case is all week.

I think for this type of vehicle, unless you plan on having the hard top on 365 days a year, you're pretty much best off with cloth.

As far as soaking....I haven't had any problems with that..but I plan on getting some neoprene covers for that very reason.. you should too.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Ok the hat thing was funny! But seriously, aren't you all tired of going 4 wheelin with the top off going down dirt roads all to bang the dust out of your seats for two weeks!! You can wipe the two inches of dust off the dash but not the seats!! However they do help with cross pollenation!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Ok here is what happened! I was enjying a nice meal at Chili's (babyback ribs of course)!! Nice sunny day and out of nowhere somebody says "is that rain" Oh hell!! I dropped my ribs on the floor and ran out! It's a freakin flood!! 15 min. later soaked to the bone, I walk back in to laughter(yes I agree It was funny)! After my meal I requested garbage bags so that I may sit on something dry. Didn't help. So there you go!! That's the whole story!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

I was going to get the seat covers just worried about the side airbags.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's weird, I think my "YES" fabric actually works. I get the seats really dusty out here on the SoCal trails, and all I have to do is vacuum the seats with the little carpet brush connector attachment thingee-- you know, the little brush thingee that sticks on the end of the super sucky part of the vacuum hose...? ... okay I'm not so good with cleaning talk... but it works. The dust does seem to just sit there on the surface and vacuum right up.

Have you tried that?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pikejd
I was going to get the seat covers just worried about the side airbags.
The wet okele or what you call it covers work with the side airbags. You can get on their site and see the test and the information about it.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds good. I have vaccumed the seats. I just thought that the dust would go deeper into the seats. However, If what you are saying is true about the dust sitting on top and not penetrating the seat. That's ok with me. Thanks, do you think Jeep will refund the cost of my ribs? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Cloth Seats Why Why Why!!!!!!