JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Color softops and doors (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/color-softops-doors-334116/)

ReconJeep 05-26-2016 07:50 AM

Color softops and doors

Anyone know of a softop and doors manufacturer that does something other than black? It's crazy that Bestop, which still makes tops and doors for older Jeeps in alternative colors, yet won't for the JKs!!!! I remember that there was one guy a while back but he turned out to be a crook. So much he kept changing his name to keep scamming people. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

agentjohnson 05-26-2016 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by ReconJeep (Post 4219757)
Anyone know of a softop and doors manufacturer that does something other than black? It's crazy that Bestop, which still makes tops and doors for older Jeeps in alternative colors, yet won't for the JKs!!!! I remember that there was one guy a while back but he turned out to be a crook. So much he kept changing his name to keep scamming people. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

I went as far as to ask bestop to custom make one, they said no.

Rugged ridge makes a tan replacement cloth. I'm planning to buy it, but I don't have a frame or surrounds right now, so it would do me no good.

ReconJeep 05-26-2016 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by agentjohnson (Post 4219760)
I went as far as to ask bestop to custom make one, they said no.

I know! I did the same thing. It's crazy because they have the materials, since they still make the alternative colors for older Jeeps, so wtf don't they occasionally make limited runs in those????? Black is the worst color to have in the heat!!!!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

agentjohnson 05-26-2016 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by ReconJeep (Post 4219761)
I know! I did the same thing. It's crazy because they have the materials, since they still make the alternative colors for older Jeeps, so wtf don't they occasionally make limited runs in those????? Black is the worst color to have in the heat!!!!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Not only that, but I think the tan goes better with my green.

ReconJeep 05-26-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by agentjohnson (Post 4219769)
Not only that, but I think the tan goes better with my green.

Just about any color matches well with tan or their Spice color.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

agentjohnson 05-26-2016 10:23 AM

Check this out

ReconJeep 05-26-2016 01:04 PM

That's a great option for people with factory softop. I'm more interested in hardwareless tops like Trektop or full length bikini with matching soft doors.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"