Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is this common in your town?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Seems like the big cities have less mods and the outskirts have more modified jeeps from what I am reading. Of course its just a guess based on this thread. I was in McLean, dc, and Arlington for the most part. Since many city dwellers don't always have access to a garage, I can see how they may be less interested in modifying their jeep.
Could also be that most city folks don't have a need for mods or they don't have access to many places to wheel. I think it's pretty much hit or miss.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Seems like the big cities have less mods and the outskirts have more modified jeeps from what I am reading. Of course its just a guess based on this thread. I was in McLean, dc, and Arlington for the most part. Since many city dwellers don't always have access to a garage, I can see how they may be less interested in modifying their jeep.
I can't say the same thing for Colorado. One would think y would see more in the mountains with mods, but mostly on the trails. When you are in and around town, lots of stockers, in the mountains or in the city. Considering my experience with data collection in research, I think the reasons and numbers would be all over the map. It would be interesting to see the data though. I'm also thinking, a forum like this, about 70-80% are modified or if they are stock, they are looking to modify. When I go over to the shopping center, my rig turns heads as most driving around there are bone stock. I also see more Mall Crawlers the closer I get to the high dollar areas like Parker, Genessee, Golden, etc.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Agree about the type of jeeper on these forums... Anyone from NYC on here. I bet you don't see too many modified jeeps there. I am sure each city is unique but those cities where you have a great deal of folks living in the city vs the outskirts, one would expect less modified jeeps due to the style of living and space.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

More stock jks them modded see a ton of tjs and xj's that are modded also
Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in Fredericksburg and see a good many modded JKs. When I was in the Buffalo, NY area this summer I saw far fewer JKs and older wranglers than I see down here.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in Virginia Beach and there are jeeps everywhere. I would say the majority are stock but everyday I see several that are lifted and every once in a while there will be one that is seriously built.

Quick Reply: Is this common in your town?