Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

D Status - High Hopes too High?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D Status - High Hopes too High?

When you call the DC 800 number for order status and the representative says: "Sir, your vechile is in "D" status and they're currently reviewing the paper work and preparing to build your vehicle." Sould I be sweeping out the garage stall and prepare to take a day off work soon -- say within the next few weeks? Or have I set my expectations too high? With recent Jeep Rubicon 2 door orders, what has been the typical wait for some of you? And how often do you call the 800 number?

Last edited by Jeep101; 05-02-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep101
When you call the DC 800 number for order status and the representative says: "Sir, your vechile is in "D" status and they're currently reviewing the paper work and preparing to build your vehicle." Sould I be sweeping out the garage stall and prepare to take a day off work soon -- say within the next few weeks? Or have I set my expectations too high? With recent Jeep Rubicon 2 door orders, what has been the typical wait for some of you? And how often do you call the 800 number?
Could be days from D to D1, could be weeks, so don't get "too" excited yet.

That said, you have progressed, and your Jeep will be to you probably within a month or so...depending on how far you are from Toledo and the shipping time factor.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep101
2DR Rubicon
Auto
Hard Top
Power Convenience Group
No MyGIG

I ordered around March 27. I dont have the exact dates in front of me, but it stayed in D status for about a week, and then went to D1, where it stayed for a few more days. It was built last friday, and is KZM (on a rail car) today. I don't know if you should clear your calendar, but mine was vuilt in just under two weeks from moving to D status. Depending on location, delivery seems to take between 1 and 3 weeks.

I call the number every day, because I am bored.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2dr rubi took about 5 weeks from D...about 4 weeks from D1 to delivery.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Default Good luck!

With the way things are going right now - it could be anyone's guess.

Personal experience -
D status January 2 - D1 status late February - Received March 26

Worst thing is I kept getting conflicting info from the DC #s and the dealership.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered mine (Sahara JK MyGig, dualtops and 18" wheels) on April 4th, just got word today that its in D1 and scheduled to leave the plant on the 17th.... I should have it by the first week of June. BUT I was told that it could of sat in D status for weeks or months....

Chin up, it'll get here.

Quick Reply: D Status - High Hopes too High?