JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Dealer Rant (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/dealer-rant-36628/)

Bayonne 04-16-2008 04:27 AM

Dealer Rant

Sorry can't help myself - dealers suck a$$

My radio just died the other morning and dont know why.
I called the dealer and asked to bring it in, The service guy says....

Sure how about tomorrow?
Sounds good, can I get a loaner becasue its Wednesday and I have to go to work.

Sorry we dont offer loaner cars

Ok give me the next Saturday appointment you have avail

Sorry our service center is closed on Saturdays

WTF!!! - :angry:
I have to take a day off work to get my car fixed???

So I tried calling the next closest dealer in the area -

"sorry sir, you didn't buy the jeep here we wont service your Wrangler"

I'm F'n pissed

NLJK 04-16-2008 04:35 AM

Never called another dealer, but same circumstances. The service center is only open Monday to Friday 9-4:45.

How are you supposed to make it over if you work until 5?

pkdailey4 04-16-2008 04:39 AM

That's BS Any Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge dealer will service your Jeep. Don't take no for an answer. Is it under warranty? What if you were traveling and you had problems? Do they expect you to take it where you got it ? Did you piss someone off down there ?

Lucas718 04-16-2008 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bayonne (Post 441884)

So I tried calling the next closest dealer in the area -

"sorry sir, you didn't buy the jeep here we wont service your Wrangler"

I've never understood this. What if you moved to another state? Would they still expect you to drive all the way back to the dealership where you bought it? That's just stupid.

davebloomer 04-16-2008 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by pkdailey4 (Post 441899)
That's BS Any Jeep, Chrysler or Dodge dealer will service your Jeep. Don't take no for an answer. Is it under warranty? What if you were traveling and you had problems? Do they expect you to take it where you got it ? Did you piss someone off down there ?

X2 !!! call chrysler about this. let it hit the dealership in the pocketbook!
that is an absolute lie. and our warranty covers a loaner im 99 percent sure.

im sorry to hear about this. man, stealerships are soooo lazy.

defkon 04-16-2008 06:05 AM

yeah, I agree with the above posts, you can take it to any dealer you want. They have to service it, they don't have a choice.

davebloomer 04-16-2008 06:10 AM

ok, now i got it in writing..
chapter 9 "if you need assistance" of the owners manual recommends using ur dealer first because they "know your vehicle best" (bologna) but it don't say that you can't go to another dealer.. as a matter of fact it states that the work must be done at a Chrysler Dodge OR Jeep dealer..

i would report em..

BOOM even better page 33 of warranty manual. if you move within the US warranty service may be request from any authorized Chrysler dodge or jeep dealer.
also states it again on page 38.

myklt8 04-16-2008 06:34 AM

Total crap from the dealer. I could never get the place I bought my Jeep from to call me back, even tried setting an appointment online, never heard a word. It was the last straw with them...I took it to Grapevine Dodge, open 24/7, they were more than happy to schedule an appointment, and they got the Jeep in and fixed when they said they would.
IF you let Chrysler know that they refused to do warranty work, they might force them to work on it, but would you really trust them?

wayland1985 04-16-2008 06:43 AM

Wow... I bet that dealership doesn't sell many jeeps! :eek2:

You get the same run-around here too. I had to wait 2 weeks to get mine serviced since I needed a loaner. The dealer I bought mine from doesnt' have loaners, and they're an hour away.

Another option, outside of taking work off is getting a rental. Usually they'll pick you up at the dealership, and it'll run you $30 for the day. I'm sure a full day of work with a rental is much more lucrative than losing all the pay (Or vacation/PT time)

Viperdave 04-16-2008 09:49 AM

i dealer can not refuse to do warranty work...

also in terms of the loaner, chrysler will pay for it ONLY if your car is in for warranty work for more than 24 hours from appointment time