Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Death Wobble

Old 01-05-2015, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Death Wobble

Just jumped into the Jeep world on a last minute decision before the end of the year. I needed a "write-off" for my small business and what better way to do it than to buy a Jeep. The day after I took delivery of this 2012 JK, I started to experience the Death Wobble. Would you please help me determine if I simply need to replace all 4 ball joints and call it quits OR do I need to suspect other parts as well? Any info would be helpful since I am brand new to this scene and looking forward to the good times to come. I bought Alloy USA ball joints and am considering a TeraFlex 2 and 1 boost/level kit. Any info is helpful at this point. I appreciate it!!!!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search the forum for death wobble. Plan man did a great write up. You can find him on YouTube too. Follow his advice, if you don't find the culprit first go round do it again and stick to the checklist.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bevan gives good advice. Best way to figure it out is by Planman
Old 01-07-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Plan man is a frikkin studmuffin. He helped me with mine, but unfortunately it comes back occasionally because once it happens a few times, the suspension bolts wallow out the holes where the bolts go, making them loose. JK's come with the wrong ****ing suspension bolts if you can believe it. Simply ordering the bolt kit from Northridge and torquing them properly will do a lot. But DW is something you might need to monitor forever.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If I were you I'd make them take back the jeep. DW is dangerous. They shouldn't sell a jeep with DW. Make the GM drive with you on the freeway, make a slight turn, watch him shit his pants from DW, then tell him if you simply can't drive a vehicle so dangerous and he needs to buy it back. I work in the auto industry the GM will buy it back.

Quick Reply: Death Wobble