Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
You don't wamt to be waving that! That could get you arrested!
Now I know why my wave wasn't returned.... ugh...

Last edited by '07JK Fan; 04-02-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL! I was sure I saw a small flame shoot out of the vent too. Just wave anyways... they will get it eventually!

Originally Posted by RooX
HA! shows what you know. Its impossible to freeze your butt off in a jk, what with the rotisserie burners blasting 200 degree air on you

Thats what separates us jk owners from the rest of the unwashed jeep masses, its our warm asses! :P

all kidding aside.. i have noticed this too, and its not a good thing. What is even more concerning is the fact that less and less previous model owners are waving at me when i wave at them, which could mean that they are just giving up on us JK'ers.

Although in Calgary i notice a lot (75% mabey) of jeep owners that are not "jeep people", you know the type, with chrome rims and little 215 55R15's, and daddy's girl types that want a cheap convertible.. they have never waved, and i doubt ever will.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought a 2007 jk.(oct 06) Have always had in interest in jeeps but this is my first. I was hooked the minute i left the lot for the test drive and every jeep we encountered had a hand up and waving. (only about 4 but it was a short ride)
since we brought our jeep home i have not stopped waving. the only other time i wave this much is if i'm on my motorcycle. of course not everybody does it but i would have to say its at least 80%. my wife jokes that she is going to get one of those suction cup hands to put in the windshield since she drives it the most
Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a wave and a thumbs-up from a red '06 2dr Unlimited today... Made a more concerted effort to lift my hand from the wheel and give a good wave. Apparently my technique was lacking. Will wave with more effort now!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

I run about 50/50 on waves. I think most of the non-wavers do not see me until it is to late (at least I hope that is the case)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

OK, this may have already been posted, and I apologize in advance if so, but it is a classic regarding the Jeep Wave:

http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/jeepwave/
Old 04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've noticed fewer waves in the JK. I've only had it for three weeks and I get some waves and some wierd looks by non-jeepers. I have an '80 CJ7 that is usually covered in mud and rarely has the doors and top on it, that is non-stop waiving.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skramer530
I'm serious, folks. I've had the JK for 5 months now, and have gotten less than ten waves returned, and then they are only from CJs, YJs, and TJs. The 2 wheel drive version and 4 door version seems to have brought in a new class of buyer (you know who I mean) that just doesn't "get it."
So for all you new JK owners who visit this site, and for the old jeepers who want to re-learn the hierarchy, please see this link:

http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/jeepwave/

Come on now, people. By buying a jeep, you have entered into a world of uncomfortable driving, spilling your drinks, freezing your butt off, constant maintenance and upgrading, and occasionally finding yourself 20 miles from home with no top in a downpour. We are a special bunch who can live with this type of vehicle, so show your comradery!!!
I don't think its because were driving a JK, I think its more of a question of "ARE YOU A REAL JEEP PERSON" There are those who will be skeptical of a new JEEP owner, until they see you are serious about mods on your Jeep that show you do really take it off road like they were meant to be.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default waaave???

i live in Nyc not workin out so well..... I've been tryin "the nod" gettin nothing...dont even get a look ..... most people out here are'nt putting AT wheels and tires more like 23" DUBS with low profile...... grrrrr

OH well how would a guy with a fuzzy running suit and gotti like spiked hair look goin to the tanning salon with big mud tires...:toung:
Old 04-04-2007, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Out here on "Lawng Gisland" the wave is still alive. Must be you cityfolk!
I will admit however, that I usually initiate the wave from my CJ-7. I usually get a wave back, but sometimes that odd "did I know him" look...

I'll be waving from my JK, but I don't expect the same response.

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?