Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 10-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkfish13
Ya, get that to. But soon as I get off base its 50/50
eyup... same at Fort Bragg. Seems the group that will wave around here are YJ, TJ, lifted Cherokee, lifted(or modified) JKs (including JKU in this group). I wave at everyone... sometimes I get a wave back.... sometimes I get a look like I just spit at them or something.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where in camp Pendleton you located? I'm in wire mountain 1, ash rd
Old 10-16-2015, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my "07" JK four years and change. In that I think I get waves from fellow JK owners the most, TJ owners the second most, and the CJ & YJ owners the least.

Most YJ's I see on the road are unlifted with small street tyres, and don't look like they get driven off road ever. I wave and most of the drivers look back at me confused, with a, "I don't know you, why are you waving at me?" look.

The CJ body drivers are the opposite of the YJ's in that they almost always look to be fully off-road capable and are being driven on the street only to get to the next mud hole or trail. They usually look back at me as if was way out of my league.

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?