Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the solution!! For all of us new JK owners just go to home depot and get a sledge hammer, a box cutter and a bag of pete moss! Go out in the parking lot and bash every body panel in and smear the fertilizer all over the jeep!! Now, take the box cutter and cut several holes in the soft top and punch one of the windows in!! Now you will get all those waves you want!!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While not in a JK yet, when I was driving my YJ I haven't got any waves from JK's. And I waved first. I don't really care who waves first as long as there is a wave. I had no problem getting waves from CJ & YJ owners and got waves from most TJ owners.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wave at other Jeeps- I do when I can. Some reply, some don't. I don't care.
I think some folks are unsure that a JK is a Jeep. Wave and let them know you drive a Jeep. Maybe they will eventually get it.

The same is true for bikers and Corvettes. Not everyone was told to wave.

Enjoy.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

When I drive the Vw new beetle I always get normal waves . Not the weird one as seen in the brochure. Beetle people also "carabug" along down the road whenever possible. They are total fanatics.
Since I got my jk I get alot of thumbs up from other vehicles but rarely from jeeps. I like the fact that jeep people wave. My jk is the first in the county so I have only seen two other jk here since NOvember. But I did get a big smile and wave. My husband gets more waves than I do driving it.
One thing I wont miss about the beetle: returning to my parked bug to find kids petting and or talking to it! I had to resist the temptation to hit the remote.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

This morning I stopped at the light and next to another JK - another X like mine. I did the wave and got one back. But I have to say that I wonder if older jeep owners consider the new JK kind of a snooty jeep... but then again, over the weekend I passed a guy with an older CJ with the doors off and we exchanged a nice wave - he had the doors off and I had the freedom top panels off - and it was chilly out. And, FWIW, over the weekend I saw a few other JKs around - more and more each week.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

I have wave at every jk I see, no waves back yet. All other wranglers I get about 75 % waves.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

I get about 1/3 of my waves returned with the top up. I get 100% returns with the top down.

A dude in a TJ about broke his neck looking at my stock unlimited on Sunday. I had the top, doors, and door frames off.

I still haven't passed another JK on the road to even try a wave!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

I have been waving to the other jeeps, but today EVERYONE was waving, it was cool, lol. I had the top off today and everyone was checking out the JK.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

On the highway I get about the same response as when I had my CJs and TJs about 50%. When on the beach I get 100% wave back from every type of jeep. Catch myself waving at jeeps when I am in my work truck, always just figured they new I was a jeep man.

Got to admit that the JK does look like a Liberty when seen from the front. My wife drives a liberty, and does not get jeep waves. Think it will take a little time before most jeepers can tell the difference when meeting a JK. A custom bumper, over sized tires or top off will make it easy to tell the difference.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Nobody in a JK Waves to us either, except for someone who my Mom knows.

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?