Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Didn't think I would be tire shopping again (But)

Old 09-18-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Didn't think I would be tire shopping again (But)

When I ordered up my 2012 JKU I figured I would just take my wheels and tires off my old rig (Nitto trail grapplers) and switch them over. BUT,, I ended up letting them go with my 08.
I really had no issues with the Nitto's but I am pondering the Toyo's also. I even had a fleeting thought of 37's instead of the 35's I have been running but I have a 3" Terraflex lift on order already and probably won't be tall enough for them. The 2012 does have 4:10's and I don't REALLY want to re-gear if I don't have to.
Anybody have experience with the Nitto trail grapplers and the Toyo's to give a good comparison?
Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're essentially the same tire made by sister companies, even the tread pattern on both is very similar. You can't go wrong with either, the only drawback to them is they're really heavy.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by fadeout
They're essentially the same tire made by sister companies, even the tread pattern on both is very similar. You can't go wrong with either, the only drawback to them is they're really heavy.
X2. You won't notice a difference between them. Toyo does make some wider sizes though, and are more expensive

Quick Reply: Didn't think I would be tire shopping again (But)