Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dog Owners with Seat Covers - Help!

Old 06-14-2017, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dog Owners with Seat Covers - Help!

What seat covers are you using? As you know, the stock seats grab & hold dog hair like crazy. I've read where some of the better seat covers also hold onto dog hair. After an all-day excursion on Saturday, it took me several hours to get the dog hair off my seats.
What is the solution? TIA!
Old 06-14-2017, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MchFun
What seat covers are you using? As you know, the stock seats grab & hold dog hair like crazy. I've read where some of the better seat covers also hold onto dog hair. After an all-day excursion on Saturday, it took me several hours to get the dog hair off my seats.
What is the solution? TIA!
Leather seats.....even then you have to deal with the carpet unless you pull that out. It really sux man. I have a white dog that sheds like crazy so I know where you're coming from.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 German Shepherds, so dog hairs are a Constant Companion in the Jeep.
I use a canvas material seat cover, the dense , tight weave is easiest to clean.
Since I'm frugal, I bought a pair of Bucket Seat Covers, by " Solvit Products", for dog owners, maybe $35 each. Its been a year, no tears, keeps seats clean.
Website Solvit Products.
Another pain is the hair- grabbing CARPET. Why carpet in a Wrangler ??!
I'm going to replace it with rubber composite matting, "BedTred".
This has insulation to protect against floor heat, is smooth, so Dog Hairs will blow out easily

Last edited by Four Low; 06-14-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:16 AM
JK Freak

I'm using rear Bartect seat covers. In my opinion they are the best option for the jeep.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Funny. I spent about 2 hours today vacuuming out the back of my Jeep. Awful.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Hope the new Jeep "JL" has a Bedliner Option. Carpets in a Wrangler, ya gotta be Kidding
Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the tenth year of owning my JKUR and have had my dog all that time, now we have two. They go with us every time we go wheeling, and we go a lot. When I took both my dogs out of my back seat yesterday after wheeling Fordyce, I removed the blanket that I put on the seat before we left. My back seat still looks like brand new after all these years. I'll put a towel over the blanket if they get wet. When I remove the blanket, there is nothing to clean but the blanket. I don't use a seat cover on the back seat, otherwise it would be full of dog hair and dirty all the time. No one wants to sit on a dirty seat cover.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all!
I might try the Covercraft poly-cotton covers for the front and the Solvit bench seat cover for the rear.
I hear ya 4-low - save the carpet for the GC and other models....and thanks for the link to Solvit.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dog has more beach towels then us! I just cover the seats.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use the dirty dog 4x4 it's not perfect but I take it out and wash it once a week. It's a bit pricey, it has a cargo net divider and then a hammock type seat cover that bolts up to it. As far as dog hair in the carpet... I got so frustrated I removed all carpet.

Quick Reply: Dog Owners with Seat Covers - Help!