Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dont know what to do??

Old 10-05-2006, 11:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thought. if you buy now, you don't necessarily have to run out and get the 2008 diesel version, if it even happens then. If it is the same diesel they are already shipping out of the country they will have most of the mechanical bugs worked out, but I am sure there will be some other issues to consider. (i.e. the cost and better availability of diesel fuel vs gas) I will get a couple of years of fun in while I wait to see how everything pans out. If it all looks great I won't have a problem trading in or selling even if for a small loss at that time. Jeeps hold their value so well and I bet it will take the general population (non forum readers) a little time to warm up to the whole diesel idea. So I think the resale of your gas powered jeep will hold strong. For me it was buy now and enjoy, and see how it all pans out.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, thats probly what ill do, what do think about the 3.8?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

................power wise?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi

Taking a car around the block really doesn't entitle me to an opinion. I am going more off of the word of those former jeep owners that now have the JK and seem to love it. The specs (horsepower/torque) don't seem that much different the the 4.0 (even a little better) everyone was so in love with. I won't be driving it like a race car or pulling any heavy loads so I am sure it will be fine by me.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

but you have a 2door what about the 4?? extra weight
Old 10-06-2006, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rubicon lover
but you have a 2door what about the 4?? extra weight
According to the specs I have read, (http://jeephorizons.com/) there is only a 105lb difference in weight ( 2dr vs 4dr) on the X model and about 200lb difference in the Rubicon. I don't know how you can make the vehicle longer and only increase the weight by that much but that is what it says. Maybe the frame is filled with helium! Even if those numbers are off a little there is probably not enough difference in weight to make a difference.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Well there was some weight trade off. The new engine weighs less than the old one, so that negated some of the weight gain.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Oh I misread your comparo. I don't know how they pulled that off, does seem a little light for how much was added.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Hey Rubimon. I cant wait to see your JK man. Those Lt Greystone's sure do look great. You have an idea when its gonna get shipped?? I guess the 2dr's are rolling now now. Mine was shipped from DC on the 2nd.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:26 PM
JK Jedi

It just went D status on 10-03. I am trying not to think about the delivery too much. I'll just keep reading the forums and try to think about what modifications I'll do first. I see your geared up and ready to go once yours comes in. Are you putting those 35" tires on the stock rims or did you find some new ones? Can't wait to see yours, it's gonna look good! Black has always been my favorite color, I just decided to go opposite since my last two cars were black.

Quick Reply: Dont know what to do??