JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Dozer JK ... thoughts of wrapping it in Matte OD Green .. OPINIONS! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/dozer-jk-thoughts-wrapping-matte-od-green-opinions-261579/)

BOAZ 01-23-2013 02:23 PM

Dozer JK ... thoughts of wrapping it in Matte OD Green .. OPINIONS!

Hey everyone I have a 2 door Dozer lifted standar 4" with 35's and black sim beadlocks.. i love the color.. with having said that, today I stumble upon pictures of a jeep from the Ultimate Adventure guys.. its a 4 door with wrapped in OD Green, Orange Beadlocks and orange decals and man does it look badA$$!!!! ill try and post pics of it.

Anyways.. id love to be able to keep some part of it Dozer and wondered if anyone had any awesome ideas?! I do like what offroad evo did with VENGEANCE (just about the coolest jk ever) and think the dozer will look just as good as the bright orange on this jeep i saw today .. let me know! thanks guys.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
'12 2DOOR JK DOZER, 4" Pro Comp, 35" Trepadors, JKS..
Air Force

BOAZ 01-23-2013 02:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
heres 2 pics of the olive green jk with orange beadlocks.. i really want to wrap my Dozer colored jk like this and wonder if the dozer color will look just as good as a combo? i want to keep a part of it dozer and so far i love how EVO wrapped the VENGEANCE jk.

i know this is a dumb topic but just thought I'd see other folks' take on it.

taker easy!

BOAZ 01-23-2013 02:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
my jeep .. the new DOZER color

BigSteve 01-23-2013 05:31 PM

I think it could be cool if you did like a reverse Vengeance and do the hood/upper body green, the lower body Dozer and wheels green.

sm_rubi 01-23-2013 05:41 PM

I actually think it's awesome to hear someone wants to do something different! Who really cares what others think as long as you are happy with it...just my : 2cents : Nothing worst than seeing a parade of jeeps that all look the same. :gak:

SpoonJK 01-23-2013 05:48 PM

I painted my YJ olive drab and I'm a huge fan of that color on jeeps but honestly I would keep the original color for at least 5 years before doing something like that.

I plan on doing olive drab when ever I get a wrangler that reaches 10 years old. I hope these JKs can last this long :/

BOAZ 01-23-2013 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigSteve (Post 3395737)
I think it could be cool if you did like a reverse Vengeance and do the hood/upper body green, the lower body Dozer and wheels green.

ahhh ok so basically follow the hood line back.. ohh and maybe the grill od green too... i think your onto somethin! thanks BIGSTEVE!

BOAZ 01-23-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by sm_rubi (Post 3395753)
I actually think it's awesome to hear someone wants to do something different! Who really cares what others think as long as you are happy with it...just my : 2cents : Nothing worst than seeing a parade of jeeps that all look the same. :gak:

Your exactly right! I have to be different in whatever i've driven.. from choppers to jeeps :beer: just wish i had some sort of photoshop software to play around and see what sections would look best.. but for now im thinkin vengeance's or BIG STEVE said about reversin it! thanks

BOAZ 01-23-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by SpoonJK (Post 3395769)
I painted my YJ olive drab and I'm a huge fan of that color on jeeps but honestly I would keep the original color for at least 5 years before doing something like that.

I plan on doing olive drab when ever I get a wrangler that reaches 10 years old. I hope these JKs can last this long :/

SpoonJK, you know you are right.. i just love bein different and after just getting off active duty to me everything od green just looks sooo much better :yup: and the wrap is a way to change things up and be different but at the same time, if i dont want the green or i go to sell it, that wrap does come off and if anything it may even protect the paint ..

but waiting 5 years would be the smarter thing to do lol

Ryan0260 01-24-2013 08:50 AM

I think it looks good as it is. I personally would leave it dozer