Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is the extra 600 worth it

Old 03-11-2019, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Is the extra 600 worth it

Looking into soft tops for the spring, im looking at 2 options

is the extra money worth it for the premium material (im assuming thats the only difference,. I have a hard top now and im still on the fence on weather or not im selling that when i get the soft top, so keep that into mind.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I think the difference is worth it. That premium material is way nicer.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed. You very much get what you pay for in durability and noise with soft tops. Saves you money in the long run. Soft tops take a beating. If you can swing the extra $ go for it.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the twill one from Bestop and I love the look of it, but I've had to replace it 5 times in the span of a year because they keep sending me tops that don't fit just right, or are missing Velcro for the windows, etc. it has been a pain, but I bought the warranty and 4 Wheel Parts just keeps replacing it. They did tell me that they haven't had anyone have so much trouble with a top before though. My advice? Spend the extra money for the warranty.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
I have the twill one from Bestop and I love the look of it, but I've had to replace it 5 times in the span of a year because they keep sending me tops that don't fit just right, or are missing Velcro for the windows, etc. it has been a pain, but I bought the warranty and 4 Wheel Parts just keeps replacing it. They did tell me that they haven't had anyone have so much trouble with a top before though. My advice? Spend the extra money for the warranty.
Thank you all for input, question on this post, what do you mean by bought the warranty? I am on bestops website directly doing a mockup sale (to see what my total will be) and i see no option to buy a extra or any warantee, just the lifetime limited warranty stating "
  • Lifetime Limited Warranty. We proudly stand behind the premium quality of our fabric, design of our tops, and superior construction of our products. Our only request is that you be sure of your color choice for this top - since color mismatch is not covered by our return policy."
Old 03-19-2019, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I have to think they're talking about warranty purchased through 4WP, not Bestop. Like if you buy electronics or power tools and the retailer offers an extended warranty.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan1023
Thank you all for input, question on this post, what do you mean by bought the warranty? I am on bestops website directly doing a mockup sale (to see what my total will be) and i see no option to buy a extra or any warantee, just the lifetime limited warranty stating "
  • Lifetime Limited Warranty. We proudly stand behind the premium quality of our fabric, design of our tops, and superior construction of our products. Our only request is that you be sure of your color choice for this top - since color mismatch is not covered by our return policy."
I purchased the top through 4 Wheel Parts. They offer a 5 year warranty that covers literally anything, so I'm glad I did. With the amount of issues I've had, it has been a god-send. If you're installing it yourself and have as many problems as I've had, you're going to spending hours and hours and hours removing tops and replacing them. Hopefully my experience isn't typical though.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

I purchased the top through 4 Wheel Parts. They offer a 5 year warranty that covers literally anything, so I'm glad I did. With the amount of issues I've had, it has been a god-send. If you're installing it yourself and have as many problems as I've had, you're going to spending hours and hours and hours removing tops and replacing them. Hopefully my experience isn't typical though.
ok, so if i go directly through bestop ill be covered? Any benifits to not doing so? I did a small bit of research and it doesnt look like im saving money thru 4 wheel parts. No shade intended
Old 03-20-2019, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan1023
ok, so if i go directly through bestop ill be covered? Any benifits to not doing so? I did a small bit of research and it doesnt look like im saving money thru 4 wheel parts. No shade intended
Hey, no offense taken man, I don't work for either company, haha. Bestop should have their own warranty protecting you from things like that, but you'll be on your own with the replacements, that's why I was suggesting finding a shop or something that sells it and offers a warranty so that you don't have to do all the heavy lifting if there are any problems. Good luck!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, no offense taken man, I don't work for either company, haha. Bestop should have their own warranty protecting you from things like that, but you'll be on your own with the replacements, that's why I was suggesting finding a shop or something that sells it and offers a warranty so that you don't have to do all the heavy lifting if there are any problems. Good luck!
ahh gotcha! Thanks for the help and input!

Quick Reply: Is the extra 600 worth it