Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

FAB FOURS skidplates

Old 05-30-2018, 11:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAB FOURS skidplates

Does anyone have any experience with the Fab Fours skid plates? I like the way they look/maximize clearance for control arms and driveshafts etc. However I can't seem to find much feedback on them. I can get the full belly skids in Fab Four and or Rock Hard for the same price. Just looking for some feedback.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Artec Industries makes a great full skid plate.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea not a big fan of aluminum skids. I'd rather keep steel down low and aluminum up top.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Why do you think they maximize clearance for control arms and drive shaft? Control arms don’t come in to play anywhere around the skids, and they don’t look any more narrow in the oil/tranny area than the others out there. If your DS is gonna hit, its closer to that front area, not back where it fans out a bit narrower. I will admit, I hate this company….they make some of the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen on a jeep, so I’m biased. Have you considered the Metalcloak system that includes a new cross member? Why does Fab Fours not even have these skids on their own website? Am I blind?

https://fabfours.com/car/jeep/jk/

Quick Reply: FAB FOURS skidplates