Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

FCA CEO sets 1.9 million sales volume goal for Jeep by 2018

Old 10-17-2014, 05:01 PM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FCA CEO sets 1.9 million sales volume goal for Jeep by 2018

I've got to say, I like how Sergio Marchionne, the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, thinks.

Well, aside from the talks of moving Wrangler production out of Toledo, which I'm hoping he’s reconsidering as I write this, but for now, let’s just focus on the positive, which is pretty big.

Make that "way big".

Read the rest on the Jk-Forum homepage. >>
Old 10-21-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may seem out there, but here is an idea regarding the whole redesign of the Wrangler that, while pretty far fetched, could help achieve that sales goal and address the concern about moving production work out of Toledo. Take a page from the Jeep play book of the past, keep the existing Wrangler (Wrangler Classic?) for the hard core off roaders and trail riders (and it's production in Toledo, saving jobs) while building the Next Generation Wrangler (NG Wrangler) in a new plant for all of people who want something in between the current Wrangler and the Cherokee / Grand Cherokee. By adding the Cherokee and the Renegade Jeep has a lot of the younger demographic covered, enough so that the Compass & Patriot aren't needed anymore, allowing room for dual Wrangler models to complete their lineup. In this scenario everyone wins; Jobs stay in Toledo, new jobs are created in the new NG Wrangler plant, the hardcore Jeepers are happy, the yuppie generation can experience the Jeep lifestyle in a new & different way (and maybe eventually upgrade to a Wrangler Classic), the aftermarket parts makers would have even more Jeep stuff to sell. This idea, or some derivative of it, could go a long way to help achieving that lofty sales goal, as well as further Jeeps global presence, and eventual domination .

Quick Reply: FCA CEO sets 1.9 million sales volume goal for Jeep by 2018