Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Filson Special Edition AEV Brute JK

Old 11-19-2013, 02:03 PM
IB Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Filson Special Edition AEV Brute JK

Filson Edition AEV Brute

We know its the height of the holiday shopping season and just in time the people over at Filson and AEV have brought us this stunning special edition Brute JK. They claim that just like their products the Brute is design to to keep adventurers safe and warm in earth’s toughest conditions. Well for $130,000 I would certainly hope the Brute would do keep you very warm and snug as many of us would need to live in it once our significant other saw the price tag.

For that price the team at AEV and Filson took the JK and placed the reasonable 6.4L V8 HEMI inside, equipped it with the 61" x 60" Cored Composite Bed, Stamped Steel Cab Closeout, Double Cab Hardtop, and Double Cab Rocker Guard.

The team at AEV also fitted the car with all sorts of products to up the ante off road including:
-AEV ProCal
-AEV Jack Base
-AEV Badging
-AEV Instrument Cluster
-AEV Logo Headrest
-AEV Serialized Build Plaque
-AEV Premium Front Bumper
-IPF 901 Off-Road Lights
-AEV Front Skid Plate
-AEV Winch Mount
-Warn 9.5cti Winch
-AEV Heat Reduction Hood
-AEV 17" Alloy Wheels
-BFGoodrich 35" Mud-Terrain Tires

The interior also features beautiful Filson Rugged Twill accents and matching Rugged Twill bags to store all your gear in. With all that said we think this Brute is an extremely well done special edition and would make a fantastic gift for any outdoorsman on your list who's idea of roughing it may be taking a pricey rig out into the wilderness with masculine and svelte luggage in hand.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brute_filson.jpg
Views:	6325
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	512003  

Last edited by IB Nolan; 11-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's really an awesome build! And for the cost it should be!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang those are sweet....V-8 and all....... love it
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are there people really paying that much for Jeeps? I mean at that price, I think there would be a few other vehicles I would rather have.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

For that price I'm buying a gtr or a 911...... And still have a little left over!!

Sent from my portable smart box.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by kylelever
Are there people really paying that much for Jeeps? I mean at that price, I think there would be a few other vehicles I would rather have.
Originally Posted by RyanJK10
For that price I'm buying a gtr or a 911...... And still have a little left over!!

Sent from my portable smart box.
I have a friend who has a really nice late model Corvette with a lot of underhood mods to make it go fast. And it galls him that he gets way more looks, compliments, and people asking to take photos of his Jeep than the Corvette. You can spend a lot of money on a car, but until you really get into exotic territory (way more than 130K), you won't get more admiration from the general public because your car still looks like a whole bunch of other people's. It's primal. Just look at little kids stare at your Jeep as you drive by. Here's my friend's Jeep on Blanca Peak, BTW ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Md7_9690.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	516169
Old 12-11-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

50K-60K MAX!!! Let me know when they have a 50% sale. Even if you bought it as a collector, how could it possibly render more value.....It still has low quality Chrysler parts on it. Chrysler could build it in three years for half the price and with a diesel.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

When was the last time Filson had a sale? Good luck with that.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I guessed the price right to the dollar. I skipped the write up other than to look at the list of AEV parts, including the 6.4 Hemi, and told myself "self, that Jeep must cost $130,000". Then I went back and read the write up. Its kind of scary knowing how much these things cost, LOL.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Awesome jeep but for the price, id expect a nicer dash and console and a lot less plastic. Lets be honest, it's a jeep but its aimed at being a luxury jeep for that price.

Quick Reply: Filson Special Edition AEV Brute JK