Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Five Year Dealer Check Up

Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Five Year Dealer Check Up

Hi all, going in tomorrow for my 5 year dealer check up.

Does anyone know what this includes/covers?

Any current recalls/warnings on 2008 Rubicons?

Going to tell them I will not take my jeep to the body shop they want to use to paint my door hinges. That body shop said they would paint on the jeep and that is total BS. I am more worried about what under them looks like. I think I will just buy a secong set of door hinges and paint/maybe Linex them myself. At the very least take the doors off and look under the hinges. The doors have never been off and the top paint bubble is very minimum.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have a need to bring it in? Or, did they call you and suggest it needs a "5-year" checkup?

Look at your owner's manual. Read the maintenance schedule. Is anything due? Are there any problems?

If there's nothing due, and you're not having any problems, I'd tell the dealer to get bent. But that's just me. I keep up on maintenance but I never, ever take it in for "preventative" checks. It's just as easy for me to crawl under the Jeep myself without the hassle of someone trying to get me to agree to un-needed services
Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Do you have a need to bring it in? Or, did they call you and suggest it needs a "5-year" checkup?

Look at your owner's manual. Read the maintenance schedule. Is anything due? Are there any problems?

If there's nothing due, and you're not having any problems, I'd tell the dealer to get bent. But that's just me. I keep up on maintenance but I never, ever take it in for "preventative" checks. It's just as easy for me to crawl under the Jeep myself without the hassle of someone trying to get me to agree to un-needed services

I concur, no reason to be victimized by the "stealership"
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only reason for the 5 year checkup is that the lifetime warranty is contingent on it passing the inspection every 5 years.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I thought it was mandatory to keep the liftime warranty??????

So is it mandatory???

Quick Reply: Five Year Dealer Check Up