Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Floor Liners - Difference between new Quadratec & Rugged Ridge

Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Liners - Difference between new Quadratec & Rugged Ridge

Hi all - been looking at the best floor liner solution for my '13 JKU. My question is, I know Quadratec used to just rebrand the Rugged Ridge liners but I believe the new liners on Quadratec are a custom job (they look to have improved on the design in the pics anyways). Can anyone confirm if the new ones are indeed different than Rugged Ridge and if they really are any better? Ideally I never want to buy anything from Quadratec because they're such a P.I.T.A to deal with compared to my experience with other vendors...but I might be forced if they're the only ones selling the best option
Old 09-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi lkinmond,

We improved on the previous design, material, sidewall depth, durability and have added carpet hook reinforcement to keep it put better
And to top it all off, they are now made in the USA
Old 09-13-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quadratec
Hi lkinmond,

We improved on the previous design, material, sidewall depth, durability and have added carpet hook reinforcement to keep it put better
And to top it all off, they are now made in the USA
Love how you guys obviously don't care that your customer service sucks...haha.

Upon more research it looks like your liners and Bestops are exactly the same... perfect!

Click image for larger version

Name:	liners.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	497119
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkinmond
Hi all - been looking at the best floor liner solution for my '13 JKU. My question is, I know Quadratec used to just rebrand the Rugged Ridge liners but I believe the new liners on Quadratec are a custom job (they look to have improved on the design in the pics anyways). Can anyone confirm if the new ones are indeed different than Rugged Ridge and if they really are any better? Ideally I never want to buy anything from Quadratec because they're such a P.I.T.A to deal with compared to my experience with other vendors...but I might be forced if they're the only ones selling the best option
I am not sure about the rugged ridge liners, but I picked up a set of quadratec liners last year. The front and back seat liners are very nice. They stay in place very well. Hold a ton of liquid. All in all they are solid. The cargo liner leaves a bit to be desired. It is flimsy and bends very easily. I have a dog and it gets the job done preventing her from getting hair and mud all over the cargo area. For the money I wish it was made of the same material as the other mats. Also the lips on the cargo liner are pretty high EXCEPT there is no lip against the sub enclosure. If I spill anything it could very easily just drain into my sub. What a great design!. I got mine for a good deal at the tent sale last year. I would definitely buy the front and rear seats again, but I could live without the cargo liner
Old 09-13-2013, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seribralcrow
I am not sure about the rugged ridge liners, but I picked up a set of quadratec liners last year. The front and back seat liners are very nice. They stay in place very well. Hold a ton of liquid. All in all they are solid. The cargo liner leaves a bit to be desired. It is flimsy and bends very easily. I have a dog and it gets the job done preventing her from getting hair and mud all over the cargo area. For the money I wish it was made of the same material as the other mats. Also the lips on the cargo liner are pretty high EXCEPT there is no lip against the sub enclosure. If I spill anything it could very easily just drain into my sub. What a great design!. I got mine for a good deal at the tent sale last year. I would definitely buy the front and rear seats again, but I could live without the cargo liner
Great feedback - thanks a lot. I have been wondering about the same thing...I have a big dog who's back there a lot and need to find some other type of solution possibly. I don't want to bedline everything but have been thinking of a way to do something durable and washable that doesn't capture hair in the cargo area...maybe one of those rubber liners for the whole back is a better investment.

Last edited by lkinmond; 09-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkinmond
Great feedback - thanks a lot. I have been wondering about the same thing...I have a big dog who's back there a lot and need to find some other type of solution possibly. I don't want to bedline everything but have been thinking of a way to do something durable and washable that doesn't capture hair in the cargo area...
Let me know if you find a better option. For now, these were the best I could find. I am half tempted to remove the sub altogether (its a jeep... i don't need that much bass) and go with the full cargo liner which comes with a high lip all the way around.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seribralcrow
Let me know if you find a better option. For now, these were the best I could find. I am half tempted to remove the sub altogether (its a jeep... i don't need that much bass) and go with the full cargo liner which comes with a high lip all the way around.
PM'd you as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the product on here - found something awesome.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Just my 2 cents worth while bored at work, I went with the Weathertech mats for the front and rear, but did the Quadratec rear cargo liner and couldn't be happier with it! I called them directly and they gave me a great deal on it! Not sure if this helps at all.

Quick Reply: Floor Liners - Difference between new Quadratec & Rugged Ridge