JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Florida laws (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/florida-laws-267304/)

jeepwave 03-10-2013 11:05 AM

Florida laws

Looks like I am 90% sure that I will be towing my jk to jeep beach this April from Ontario Canada!!

I am wondering if I should be aware of any laws (like fender flares, mud flaps,towing capacity etc) in Florida.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Foxmotorsport 03-10-2013 02:54 PM

In what manner are you towing? trailer? flat? dollie? We drive down to Jeep Beach every year, and really have never encountered anything on the way (aside from a nasty speed trap near Ocala) PM me if you have any questions.

jeep-creep 03-10-2013 03:19 PM

There is no vehicle inspection in, Florida. However, state troopers do not like tinted headlight or tailights. make sure everything formt he factory is working, and you are good to go.

mattfl 03-11-2013 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jeepwave (Post 3467434)
Looks like I am 90% sure that I will be towing my jk to jeep beach this April from Ontario Canada!!

I am wondering if I should be aware of any laws (like fender flares, mud flaps,towing capacity etc) in Florida.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

You'll be good to go. I've run doors off no side mirrors driving next to cops before without any issues.

As far as mud flaps/fender flares, when you start seeing some of the bro trucks around here with 6-10" lifts running 40"+ tires without any of those, you'll understand that florida gives no fucks about anything on cars. A good amount of cars you see on the roads are barely operable and shouldn't be on the roads to begin with!

Can you bring me down some candy from up there? I used to live in Hamilton and can't get any of the good Cadbury candy down here like Crunchie bars :)

305jk 03-11-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by jeep-creep (Post 3467768)
There is no vehicle inspection in, Florida. However, state troopers do not like tinted headlight or tailights. make sure everything formt he factory is working, and you are good to go.

x2 on this.. Here in florida they hate the tinted lights. The law only requires you to have a front and rear bumper. No worries about fenders or mudflaps

jeepwave 03-11-2013 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by mattfl (Post 3468619)

You'll be good to go. I've run doors off no side mirrors driving next to cops before without any issues.

As far as mud flaps/fender flares, when you start seeing some of the bro trucks around here with 6-10" lifts running 40"+ tires without any of those, you'll understand that florida gives no fucks about anything on cars. A good amount of cars you see on the roads are barely operable and shouldn't be on the roads to begin with!

Can you bring me down some candy from up there? I used to live in Hamilton and can't get any of the good Cadbury candy down here like Crunchie bars :)

Thanks !!

Lol dude if I end up going (just waiting on a road trip buddy) then I will surely bring you some candy hahaha

jeepwave 03-11-2013 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by 305jk (Post 3468639)

x2 on this.. Here in florida they hate the tinted lights. The law only requires you to have a front and rear bumper. No worries about fenders or mudflaps

Awesome! My lights aren't tinted but I did plastidip some angry eyes maybe I will have to take em off for the trip

305jk 03-11-2013 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by jeepwave (Post 3468747)

Awesome! My lights aren't tinted but I did plastidip some angry eyes maybe I will have to take em off for the trip

Naa.. No need to. I dont think you have a problem with that

takion 03-11-2013 04:13 PM

Pretty much if it rolls, it's legal :)