Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Freedom Top Oil Stain

Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Top Oil Stain

I have a winch installed in the ceiling of my garage to hoist my unlimited hardtop. The freedom panels lay upside down (painted surface down, white part up) and unfortunately oil from the motor of the winch dropped onto the panels leaving an ugly stain. Anyone have any suggestions how to remove it? I have the think insulated panels which have a slight texture. I have tried bleach and water, straight bleach, goo be gone, dish soap (diluted and straight). That aside, if I can't remove the stain, does anyone know of any suitable way to cover the stain?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple Green followed by a Mr Clean magic eraser
Old 10-06-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bump on this thread

Originally Posted by hsmitty
I have a winch installed in the ceiling of my garage to hoist my unlimited hardtop. The freedom panels lay upside down (painted surface down, white part up) and unfortunately oil from the motor of the winch dropped onto the panels leaving an ugly stain. Anyone have any suggestions how to remove it? I have the think insulated panels which have a slight texture. I have tried bleach and water, straight bleach, goo be gone, dish soap (diluted and straight). That aside, if I can't remove the stain, does anyone know of any suitable way to cover the stain?
I did the same thing. There looks to be an ugly orange stain from the winch. There is no other explanation as they were clean when I placed on the rack and they sit under the winch. Did you ever get the stain out? I've been unsuccessful so far.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have u tried acetone, gasoline, or mineral spirits?

sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-06-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Have u tried acetone, gasoline, or mineral spirits?

sent from my obama monitoring device
I did try mineral spirits with no luck. I haven't tried acetone or gasoline yet.

Quick Reply: Freedom Top Oil Stain