Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Want to brag on Bestop

Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to brag on Bestop

So I ordered a Trektop NX from 4WD almost exactly 2 years ago to the day. Since the day I got it, I noticed there was a lot of wind noise. Never having a Jeep before, I just assumed it was part of the gig. The noise was so loud that I literally have to shout at the passenger when driving at speeds above 60 mph and the radio has to be at nearly max to even hear it, so I drive a lot in silence... Anyway, recently took a long trip and didn't talk to my wife for pretty much the entire way, I decided to see if there was some way to fix the issue. I ended up realizing that the header was sitting too far back. At high speeds, it would slightly lift up, exposing the weather stripping channel above the windshield and causing some serious road noise. I stuffed some weather stripping down in the channel to fill the void and hopefully fix the problem. Though it helped some, the noise is still pretty loud. I decided to write Bestop to see if there was anything that they recommend to help. Marc wrote me back and asked for pics and a copy of my receipt. I sent a copy that I luckily still had in my email (I never delete anything......ever) that showed that it was purchased in late December 2015. Today I get an email informing me that they have sent me a new header and it should be here in 5 days. I never once asked for a replacement part. They stepped up and offered to remedy a problem with a top that was over two years old. Clearly they think highly of their product and are willing to stand behind any defects, even if those defects aren't known for years. Just thought I would share my super easy experience with them.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

That's great! That's how a great company takes care of people. Check out the new soft top on the JL. They really know what they are doing.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm sure lots of people have excellent interactions with Bestop like the OP here. OTOH I was seriously ticked about being charged nearly the entire cost of a header just to get replacement knobs & plates, what should have been $8 worth of hardware. So you win some, you lose some I guess. IME a company who really cared about customer satisfaction would have just sent the replacement knobs & plates for free. Pretty cheap to buy a happy customer who might buy an entire replacement top from you one day, but penny wise and pound foolish to tick someone off over a couple of bucks worth of hardware.

I promise I'll buy some other brand of top when I need a replacement.

Quick Reply: Want to brag on Bestop