Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Genuine made in USA GraBars vs. the others - entertaining....

Old 07-13-2016, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Genuine made in USA GraBars vs. the others - entertaining....

Howdy!

So we here at WD Automotive, makers of GraBars, have recently been being asked by people what's the difference between our product and the total rip-off products that "look" just like ours. Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, here's 4,000 words:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knock-off-collage.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	967.0 KB
ID:	652266

And that is just a small sample. You can see the differences everywhere. And we're not even mentioning the fact that it's much weaker steel - that wasn't even cleaned first! - and pathetic powder coating. The walls are thinner, they arrived with chips, etc etc etc. There will be many more comparisons as we gather them. We've bought several of the knock-offs so far and are reasonably sure they all come from the same factory in China regardless of what "brand" they are.

GraBars really truly are made with the best materials we can find right here in the USA - and it shows!

At any rate, I thought y'alll might enjoy this first comparison of the welds. ;-)

-Landon with WD
http://grabarsusa.com

Last edited by Landon@WD-Auto; 07-13-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where's the "like" button
Old 07-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Where's the "like" button
We'll just consider your positive posts to this thread as a "like."

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Side note: We just weighed our collection of knock-offs - every single one is substantially lighter than genuine GraBars. That's not a good thing with this type of steel.... lol
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by landon1850
Side note: We just weighed our collection of knock-offs - every single one is substantially lighter than genuine GraBars. That's not a good thing with this type of steel.... lol
Just installed GENUINE GraBars two days ago and can speak to the quality. They are solid and the instal was easy. Took about 30 minutes start to finish.

Saw all the knock-offs when I was shopping around though, didn't take them long to steal your design...
Old 07-16-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have grabars and like them but I wish they would redesign so the sun visor could be utilized all the way. It did not bother me at first but after almost 3 years it does.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Default Grab Bars

On my second set because I sold the Jeep the first set was installed on. My wife uses hers ALL the time and I feel comfortable that with this being a quality set, I have no worries about something breaking, bending, and her getting hurt. Actually, when I started considering the purchase of this current Wrangler, aside from the side steps, she insisted on GRAB BARS! Don't buy KNOCK-OFFS. They will end up biting you in the BUTT!
Old 07-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have grabars and like them but I wish they would redesign so the sun visor could be utilized all the way. It did not bother me at first but after almost 3 years it does.
Howdy! Glad to hear you like your GraBars. We are always working to improve our product and often quietly implement changes as we hear feed-back. (Another thing you won't see the knock-offs do.) Our current GraBars do actually allow the sun visor to extend - we re-did our whole bending tooling setup just to add a small third bend angle to solve this problem. It honestly cost us a ton, but we feel the customer satisfaction in the long run is worth it.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

You should do a buy back 😃 make it worthwhile to get updated ones.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I agree with jadmt. I love the grabars, but The sun visor limitation really starts to bug when I need it. Sometimes I think about taking out the grabars... Any way you can offer some kind of buy back or trade in for the improved model? Had no idea it was redesigned.

Quick Reply: Genuine made in USA GraBars vs. the others - entertaining....