Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good Bye to the Jeep

Old 11-03-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Bye to the Jeep

I ended up trading in my 2012 Rubicon for a 2013 regular cab short bed Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3 6SPD. I really enjoyed owning the Rubicon and I will miss it, but having to go to the shop 3 times within 30,000 miles for serious problems was just too much. (pentastar tick, 6spd wouldn't go into 2nd, and rear locker wouldn't disengage with out turning the Jeep off, then again for the 6spd not going into 2nd) Anyways I've owned 4 cars before the JK and none of them had problems (except the 1st one had a leaky sunroof at about 80K miles), and I ran all of them past 100K miles, for some reason the JK's engine the Pentastar, just doesn't seem like an engine that will run 200K miles with no problems like the way a small block Chevy can. I'm really happy with the new pickup, the V8 is awesome and the truck feels solid, this forum was a great help for information on jeeps and how to modify them, a lot a great write ups and pictures. I wish Jeeps were made by Ford or Chevy instead of Chrysler maybe Chrysler will get their reliability up in the next few years.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Throw on a leveling kit and some 33x12.50s and your set.
This was my reg cab short bed

5.3 6spd Chevy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131103_142415.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	509561  
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Good choice on the truck and good luck! Chevy trucks last forever if you keep them maintained.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear you go but understand you do what you need to. you know where we are.

Always mobile using JK-Forum
Old 11-03-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Best of luck with the new truck. Sounds like in was a one-off prob related to your jeep unfortunately. It happens.

Again, good luck.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem with my rear locker today. I think it's always done that, I've just learned to deal with it I guess. Did the dealer have a fix for that or did they tell you, "well it's a jeep and those things happen".
Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Bye and what a pointless thread , why do guys who are hardly on a site always have to say goodbye

Like they will be missed and what's up with showing what they got to replaced the jeep
Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Bye and what a pointless thread , why do guys who are hardly on a site always have to say goodbye

Like they will be missed and what's up with showing what they got to replaced the jeep
x2 I totally agree with you here!!!
BUB-BYE!!!!
You should be posting on a truck forum!!! To me you come across as a quitter not someone who truly wanted to be a true jeep owner anyways.... You should have done your research better....
Sorry for all the hate..... Kinda in a bad mood... Hope the truck does it for you..... I think they're ugly tho.....Still in a bad mood .... Taking it out on you!!! Thanks for being there lol
I want my 2 minutes of life back now!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
x2 I totally agree with you here!!!
BUB-BYE!!!!
You should be posting on a truck forum!!! To me you come across as a quitter not someone who truly wanted to be a true jeep owner anyways.... You should have done your research better....
Sorry for all the hate..... Kinda in a bad mood... Hope the truck does it for you..... I think they're ugly tho.....Still in a bad mood .... Taking it out on you!!! Thanks for being there lol
I want my 2 minutes of life back now!!!
I hope you turn that frown upside down and go climb a rock so you can feel like you are back on top
Old 11-03-2013, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5

I hope you turn that frown upside down and go climb a rock so you can feel like you are back on top
Lol, I do hate these threads tho too.... But I should have just ignored it... My apologies to the OP hope you enjoy your truck ..... I still love my jeep

Quick Reply: Good Bye to the Jeep