JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Grill Mod Problem? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/grill-mod-problem-37148/)

DKJeep17 04-20-2008 06:46 AM

Grill Mod Problem?

Has anyone had problems with the Gutter Guard Grill Mod? (I say Gutter Guard cause that seems to have the most, smallest holes for air to pass)

jeepbozo 04-20-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by DKJeep17 (Post 449327)
Has anyone had problems with the Gutter Guard Grill Mod? (I say Gutter Guard cause that seems to have the most, smallest holes for air to pass)

Did mine almost a year ago and everything is still fine, nothing loose or broke, and still looks like the day I installed it.

sixt7gt350 04-20-2008 08:31 AM

My aluminum screen door guard has holes about the same size as gutter guard.
It is holding up well. None of the adhesive zip tie blocks came loose during the winter!

DKJeep17 04-20-2008 10:53 AM

Im not so much worried about the integrity of the mesh, more of does it stop airflow to the radiator

ronjenx 04-20-2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DKJeep17 (Post 449623)
Im not so much worried about the integrity of the mesh, more of does it stop airflow to the radiator

I have always put a screen in front of the radiator in all the water cooled cars I have owned. Yes, it does reduce air flow, but has never been to the point I could notice any change it temperature.

pkdailey4 04-21-2008 03:32 AM

It's screen, hows it gonna stop air flow? Hold a piece up in the wind. See the air passes right through it. Duh !

Geeper4x4 04-21-2008 03:56 AM

Yes, it will restrict airflow more than having nothing in those big slots. No it should not be significant enough to change the temperature to any harmful level. You have one very large electric fan keeping the radiator cool. :cool:

HEK 04-21-2008 06:18 AM

I used gutter guard on all my Odyssey and Element after I saw what a small rock can do to a radiator and never had it overheat...I did my JK about a month ago and have not seen any changes in the temp gage or had any issues with it.....:yup:

brent_f70 04-23-2008 07:03 AM

Tried this mod almost a year ago....the glue dried but when the Jeep got hot the glue melted, made a mess. i threw it all away. What glue are you using and have you seen it get soft when warm??

seal20 04-23-2008 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by brent_f70 (Post 455150)
Tried this mod almost a year ago....the glue dried but when the Jeep got hot the glue melted, made a mess. i threw it all away. What glue are you using and have you seen it get soft when warm??

Epoxy is the only thing that works...