Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hood floating up?

Old 11-27-2014, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
Or you could just remove the spring from the front of the hood latch. No more flutter

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
yup works and is cheap.....
Old 11-27-2014, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
yup works and is cheap.....
Or go this route. Works and about as expensive as it gets! But with the build quality and adjustments, you never have to worry about hood flutter again.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RoysRig
I killed two birds with one stone. Mopar Hood lock. In place it locks the hood down with no movement at all even with the latches undone. Just don't ever leave your keys under the hood then close it, it locks automatically.
Same here! Hood lock did the trick!

http://m.quadratec.com/products/prod...?pid=13103+110
Old 11-27-2014, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

I've got the drake latches as well and no flutter whatsoever. However I may have missed it but haven't seen rugged ridge latches mentioned. I will like make the switch to them as I like the look better but they are adjustable as well.

Which reminds me I may have some drake latches up for sale soon.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeap... "Hood Flutter", very annoying! I plan on eventually getting the Rugged Ridge Aluminum Latches...

Click image for larger version

Name:	5112fBvQQZL.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	585865

But until then, I just used some zip ties. Actually, since using the zip ties the hood flutter has been completely eliminated. Not sure how long they will last, but as Mark Dorian has suggested, just carry some spares in the Jeep. They're good to have anyway...
Old 11-27-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
This phenomena is not a "problem", it is an effect of air pressure under the hood and it is not unique to the JK. Different "remedies" can negate the effect but as long as you have functioning hood latches, nothing is going to happen. Some people change their hood latches, I'd rather spend that money on something more useful.
Haha.....Yeah, this makes complete sense. Don't drive you're jeep either that 80$ you spend on gas is better served on something more useful. This phenomena is a problem & the problem is Jeep used cheap shit that causes annoying shit to happen.

Quick Reply: Hood floating up?