JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Hothead headliner (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/hothead-headliner-104312/)

CLOTAGAMES 10-06-2009 04:59 PM

Hothead headliner

Just got my Hothead headliner kit today and installed it tonight in about 25 minutes. I am very happy with it. Looks factory-perfect fit. Completely different interior sound-much quieter, stereo sounds 100% better. A must buy for the daily driver. Thanks to mark at Hothead.:thumbsup:

Steve's 95YJ 10-06-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES (Post 1371469)
Just got my Hothead headliner kit today and installed it tonight in about 25 minutes. I am very happy with it. Looks factory-perfect fit. Completely different interior sound-much quieter, stereo sounds 100% better. A must buy for the daily driver. Thanks to mark at Hothead.:thumbsup:

I hate the white interior of the hard top, so I ordered a Hothead headliner kit last week........it should be shipping shortly :clap:

Mark was great to talk to as well :thumbsup:

redrock-6.1hemi 10-06-2009 07:02 PM

Can we get pics? Does the headliner cover the sides of the windows as well?

USAF_GroundRat 10-06-2009 10:11 PM

You knew it was coming....

:worthless:

CLOTAGAMES 10-07-2009 10:30 AM

There are pictures and install video on the Hotheadheadliner website. Check it out

racer83l 10-07-2009 11:25 AM

Jeep has announced a headliner kit for the interior of the hard top JK's.... Im waiting out for it, Im assuming (might be wrong) that it will be a good kit.

CLOTAGAMES 10-07-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by racer83l (Post 1372848)
Jeep has announced a headliner kit for the interior of the hard top JK's.... Im waiting out for it, Im assuming (might be wrong) that it will be a good kit.

Are there any pictures of it yet?

BlackNorthernJK 10-07-2009 01:38 PM

They do look pretty good...I would install something like this strictly for aesthetic reasons

spinlock 10-08-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES (Post 1371469)

I have seen one installed and it looks llke it came from the factory, the only *aesthetic* improvement might be to paint the inside of the top to match the headliner, if you really care that much, and I have to agree with everything particularly if it is a dd, but I am concerned about two things:

1. How long the adhesive on the velcro strips will hold?
2. How it will hold up to handling when removing or installing the top without a lift?

VEGASSMAN 10-08-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by spinlock (Post 1374955)

1. How long the adhesive on the velcro strips will hold?
2. How it will hold up to handling when removing or installing the top without a lift?

That's my primary concern also...as the AZ guys might agree, the insided of the top in mid-summer is so hot, you can't even touch it. That heat will do a number on most adhesives.